• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help! Cancellation fee for Car Lease order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Cancellation fee for Car Lease order

Hi, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on a predicament I'm in with National Vehicle Solutions.

I ordered a car for an 18 month lease, 18 monthly payments with no deposit on the 9th June of this year. I was advised at the time that it was expected by late July or early August. I had to hand back my company car at the end of June so prepared myself to be car-less for a month. I paid the £200 admin fee and returned my order form.

However, when I chased for updates on the order, the estimated delivery date became later and later, and eventually was confirmed to arrive in the UK 7th October, with delivery to me expected around the 14th. At this point I asked if I could swap my order slot with someone else, or take a stock car, but was told this was not an option.

My company have since introduced a great deal in their car scheme, which I'd like to change to, as I've lost all faith in the leasing company.

Today I advised that I would like to cancel my order and requested that they pay me back my administration fee as they could not provide the car within the one month time frame that was promised (wording on my order form is below)

SUBJECT TO
    I/We hereby agree to accept delivery of the above vehicle, within one month of the requested delivery date, subject to availability and satisfactory completion of finance documentation.
    I/We fully understand that the terms and conditions set out below are subject to revision due to either, “National Vehicle Solutions" being unable to obtain the above vehicle at the figure upon which their quotation has been based, or should there be an increase in funding and/or manufacturing price increase/charges beyond “National Vehicle Solutions " control. I/We shall have the option to cancel in this case and any monies paid will be refunded.
    By signing this form you are entering into an Agency Contract (for the supply of services) and a Supply Contract (for the supply of goods). National Vehicle Solutions will act on your behalf to source the vehicle(s) as described as above. You will not have the right (under Distance Selling Regulations) to cancel the Agency Contract once we have begun to source the vehicle(s).
    In the event of me/us canceling this order for any reason, other than stated or failing to take delivery within the specified period I/We shall be liable to pay a cancellation fee of £ 500.00 to “National Vehicle Solutions ". In the event of National Vehicle Solutions “" being unable to obtain the vehicle then "National Vehicle Solutions” will not be responsible for any losses you may have incurred.

They have come back to say they now may be able to get a stock car (someone else's cancelled order) which matches my very standard spec, and that if I choose to cancel I have to pay £500 as they will be able to deliver the car before the "one month" runs out (end of September). But it seems so unfair that this option was only given to me when I asked to cancel, and was denied before!

I then asked if I could transfer the contract to my sister as an alternative, at which point they said that the rates had gone up and she'd have to pay more (including a £1,200 deposit!). So I went back to say I don't need the admin fee back, but I cannot and will not pay the £500 cancellation fee. They said they will continue to source a stock car for me until I give firm notice of my cancellation in writing.

I have lost all trust in the company and want to give my notice of cancellation in writing, but am scared that they can forcibly take the £500 (my bank details were on my finance approval documents) or sue me for losses. Another part of me thinks that they are just expecting me to back down and pay it, and probably wouldn't really take legal action if it came to it.

I commute 25 miles each way for work and am now in a position where I will need to buy something very soon to fill the gap, as I've been unexpectedly left without any car, which has caused me a lot of expense and inconvenience. Had they delivered the car when they said they would I wouldn't have cancelled, but now I have no interest in taking the car or having any further dealings with this company.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what my rights are and how I should proceed?

Many thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X