• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arnold clark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arnold clark

I bought a ds3 back April 2023 from Doncaster arnold clark branch bare in mind I live in Hertfordshire so it's a good 3 hr journey home. I part exchange old vichicle, wish I hadn't. Also I got fiance on this ds3 too . So from then on as soon as I got on motor way want limp mode. The vehicle faulty light came on. I rang the branch ASAP and they were like well you bought it his breakdown number. Erm I was well into my 3 hr journey and this was their responds. When I finally got it safely home as I managed to turn off limp mode, the radiator of the car was making such a noise. I thought it was going to blow up. I rang the company auto care I actually said I do not want the car and the bummed me off its on warranty so mo can do. I sent them a video of the car making the noise. So not only that in that month my passenger door was not locking. Autocare team told me as I'm far away I had to take it down to a local citeron garage spea ialist. They checked said nothing wrong. Shortly after it happened again and this time within two months my car started to squeak and wanting more oil every 2 weeks. I literally phoned up the company and yet again said they will get it checked over. Then they found the exhaust had a hole and rusty and held on for dear life. Picture I have too. They didn't get ok for oil to fix as I did mention it, but they didn't put in through. Grrrr. I'm so cross because the next thing what happened my time belt went in September and I had to get recovery team to get it and they were absolutely disgusted and said I was treated unfairly and the car I only had at that time 4 months. He actually advised to contact my fiance company and Arnold clark and make a formal complaint. So I did. So this is the situation now.... the car was taken back to the garage where I live as Arnold clark wanted the recovery team to take to one of the up north branches . The recovery team refused as too far. So it went in to have a check through and see damage video the garage sent to them ect. Which arnold clark took ages to reply for warrenty cover. In that time my fiance company called emailed and asked what is going on. I followed up my call wirh manager where I bought it. I had to get transport and friends taken me to hospital appointments, shopping and i have borderline personality disorder so I need a escape root when things get too much at home. My car is my thing that helps too. My job has suffered. I had turn down a job. Financially, mentally and emotionally depressed. So it does gets worse because warranty covers 4066 and the whole repair is over 5000. We have put this forward and fiance has asked arnold clark to pay the rest! As I had the car in less 6 months. I asked for courstey car. Nothing.

Now since October we are waiting for an answer from arnold clark techinal team to say they will pay. In this time the garage where car is stored had started to charge me since October which actually they told me in email they will start to charge from 13th December. Finance company has added it all up for me. So garage started charging October snd now charging 30 pounds a day. This is all because we waiting on arnold clark techinal team to ok repairs! Now i stuck with storage bill off ......600 pounds! Nice!

today I had called my fiance company and the handler of my case emailed his managers, to find out what to do next bare in mine I rang them over Xmas aswell.

So what legal rights do I have? I have pictures and videos of the car ect. Im so angry as i called motor ombudsman and arnold clark not on their list. I've written to watch dog too. I have no money for solicitors I'm stuck. In dealt. I m literally scared of answering my phone when garage calls, as I don't know what to say. Please can you help or advise. This is my last solution.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X