• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed, please car insurance cancelled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed, please car insurance cancelled

I got car insurance cancelled due to NCB. To cut story short, third party went and claimed personal injury despite being at fault and his insurance paying out.
    l then purchased an insurance without knowing claim was open meaning this reduced my NCB although claim is recorded as non fault.
    I was very honest with new insurance when l found out and thought l can get things resolved and get my NCB. Unfortunately new insurance gave me 7 day notice to cancel my insurance.
    on the last day l contacted to pay the difference to be told l had 5 days to make payment as they had sent me an email; which unfortunately l had missed and l had gone with the text message that advised 7 days cancellation notice as l continued to try and resolve the issue with my old insurance about this claim.
    I contacted ombudsman and l quoted their terms and conditions and asking why l was not allowed to make payment as the insurance was still in effect. Ombudsman advised insurance were fair.
    so now l have an cancelled insurance which will have a massive impact on purchasing insurance for life.
    I wanted advice after you read these terms and conditions; what else can l do?

terms and conditions on the URL page 26 & 28 page 26 and 28 days’ notice in advance of the cancellation date to your last known email administration charge, as shown in our terms and conditions, will be applied if your policy is cancelled as a result of you failing to supply us with documentation or information we have requested, or if we discover that the information that you gave us when you took out a policy was inaccurate or incomplete. We may cancel your policy where there are grounds to do so, valid reasons may include but are not limited to:
    Where we have been unable to collect your premium
    Failure when requested to supply us with other relevant documentation or information that we need;”

Attached Files
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X