• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RAC Vehicle Recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAC Vehicle Recovery

Following a complete electrical failure of her vehicle while driving, my daughter, a lone female, 3.5 hours drive away from home, waited from 3:30p.m. yesterday afternoon for the RAC to attend. She was told the wait would be up to 4 hours. That wait continued into the evening. She was alone, in the dark in a vehicle that she couldn't lock herself into or do up the window, (because of the electrical failure), witnessing dubious activities by probable drug dealers. When nothing transpred then, i called them and they said they would escalate to an 'emergency'. Still waiting at 9:20 p.m., 6 hours later, with a mobile phone rapidly running out of charge, after numerous phone calls and failed promises by RAC to attend, a contracted-out tow truck finally arrived at approx 10:00 .p.m. A wait of over 6 hours. Only then did she find out from the driver, that he was only taking her part way to services on the M27, where she had to continue her wait. More phone calls ensued, where it was clear the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing at the RAC. To cut a long story short, she eventually got home at 05:30 a.m. this morning.
    My daughter's RAC membership was something she was offered and paid for through her car insurance.
    Two questions please:
    1) given her situation, is her contract with the RAC or her insurers. 2) After checking what they say on their website, she is considering contacting Trading Standards re the Trade Descriptions Act 1968.
    I can't say what I truly feel about this company, it would involve too many expletives, but suffice to say, customer service and safety is not in their training manual. Absolutely disgraceful and shambolic service.
    Any advice re Questions 1 and 2 above, to pursue this company and bring then to task, would be gratefully appreciated. Many thanks.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X