• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dealer refusing to repair car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer refusing to repair car

Hello and thanks in advance to all future responses to this chain.

I bought a car from this dealer - https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/new...-derby-3079165

Timeline is this

Paid for the car in Mid April and gave them a list of items to fix as part off the sale. The car came with a 3 month Return To Base Warranty

Car was not fixed until Mid June. The car was either given back to me as fixed which it wasn't and I'd return it back to them to fix. They had the car for approx 7 weeks on 3 different occasions. No compensation or anything similar was paid. The car hardly moved as it multiple leaks and was undrivable. Car was returned to me on 13 June 2019 fixed.

1 July the alternator dies and I ask the dealer to repair and they decline because of Wear and Tear on the item. They did not investigate at all. They tell me they can refer me to one of their approved garages which can do the work at trade prices. They do not send any info about this. I try and chase them and I don't get any responses.

I get the car fixed myself at a cost of £1.5k. The batteries fitted to the car were incorrect and were causing the alternator to work harder so it burned out. I inform them about this and asked for reimbursement and also supplied them with the engineer report. I then get a reply from legalsolutions4u saying the matter had been referred to them.

A lady rings me last week from legalsolutions4u and asks me for the receipt and other info that the dealer could have provided them. She asks for my email address and promises me an email in 10mins and 72hrs later I'm still waiting for this.

I plan on referring this to a County Court to recover fees. Can you guys give me some tips on how to handle this.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X