• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I protect my deposit buying property with my girlfriend unmarried?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I protect my deposit buying property with my girlfriend unmarried?

Hi,

I would like some advice. I am going to be purchasing a property with my girlfriend, its my first home and she is selling her first home to buy this with myself. I have a bad credit score so unable to come onto the mortgage, if I did come on the mortgage it would give us a bad interest rate. My girlfriend has the mortgage accepted and is able to purchase it herself, however I cannot come on the deeds. My girlfriend is purchasing alone with my deposit contribution and monthly payments for mortgage. I am however contributing towards the deposit of the property 20k to a 50k total deposit. We will also split the mortgage 50% each.

I was told I cannot deposit the 20k directly to my girlfriend or it could be then taxed and so I will deposit it to her sister and she will "gift" it to my girlfriend. It shows I have no stake in the property.

Now on the worse case as we are unmarried if our relationship goes south what protection or assurance can I put in place to make sure I get my money or the state doesn't discard my contribution? Thank you,
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X