• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Electrical Work and Kitchen Fitter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Work and Kitchen Fitter

Hello. I have recently had a new additional kitchen installed into my house. I commissioned the work from a high street store with a showroom which has been there for over 20 years. I signed a contract to have everything done and was given a price for the kitchen fitter to come and fit it.

When the kitchen design company came and looked at the house they stated we would not need a new fuse box for the additional kitchen. However when the fitter came to start the work they advised me that the fuse box does need to be changed after all, as this work was not covered in the spec he said he would install it free of charge if we pay him cash for the install work. We paid cash and all went ahead. No receipt.

It has been 3 months since the work was done and have since been reading that the replacement fuse box needs to be part p regulated and we should receive a building regulations certificate within 30 days as well as a electrician installation certificate for the job which we never received.

we returned back to the showroom who are claiming that the fitter has nothing to do with them , they only design the kitchen and that we should resolve direct with the fitter.

Legally where do I stand? The showroom did not say the fitter was a different company, they handled all of his appointments for him to arrive and do all the work. The contract I signed says at the bottom that install is not included but next to it is the total amount of money payable for the fitting. We believe we were mislead into believing the fitter was part of the same kitchen company. However it seems like we are now dealing with a rouge trader with no paper trail tying to him.

many advice appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X