• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rights of access to shared garage/parking area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rights of access to shared garage/parking area

I have a house with a shared garage/parking area at the side. There are two garages at the back of the area, one owned by me and another next to it. To the left there are entrances to the back gardens of two other houses and the owners park in front. Our deeds show we all have an allocated portion of the area. I have to cross the areas of those without garages. The new tenants in my house have been parking a second vehicle on an area shown on one of the others deeds but in front of my garage and next to my house, which has led to complaints from one neighbour escalating to involving the police with harassment and trespass charges. The second vehicle has not obstructed the complainant in coming or going but she has obviously had more room to maenouver in the past. I have owned the house for 20 years and there has never been a problem in the past. My deeds say
    1. ANY communal parking or amenity area included in the Plot shall not be enclosed by fencing or any other means within the Plot but shall for ever after be kept open and available for communal use.
    2. NO deed or thing shall be done or permitted on the Plot which may be or grow to the nuisance annoyance damage or disturbance of the Transferor or the owner or tenant of any other portion of the transferor so estate.
    3. To use for all reasonable purposes any portions of communal parking and amenity areas garage forecourts access ways etc
    4. ... That no right of user shall arise here under in the case of any such portions of communal parking and amenity area garage forecourts access ways ... Coming into existence after the expiration of the specified period ... For eighty years.
    The neighbour is now making a complaint about my agent and me. We have tried to deal with this in a civilized way but the neighbour is highly distraught and has been taking photos every time my tenant parks two cars on the drive or of any of their visitors or tradesmen even if they park for a few minutes.
    This started as a dispute between neighbours who have obviously fallen out but escalated in our neighbours eyes to a boundary dispute. She also wanted to mark boundary lines on the area.
    We have now received a letter complaining of how this has been handled, stating trespass, harassment etc and threatening legal involvement and compensation. Any insight or suggestions as to the meaning of the deeds in so far as communal use is concerned, or the best way forward would be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by WillPro; 22nd May 2020, 16:55:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X