• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Damp spotted in flat - best case scenario?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damp spotted in flat - best case scenario?

Hi, I'm in the process of purchasing a ground floor lease-hold flat. The surveyor from the mortgage company spotted some*damp in one of the walls. One of the other tenants mentioned to me when I went to view the property that there was damp in the basement. I am going to get an independent surveyor in first then possibly a damp expert, however, I am a bit concerned that, if there is damp in the basement below*the flat, it may be what is causing it in my flat. The basement is the responsibility of the landlord and it's upkeep presumably comes out of service charge.

I'm wondering at this point, if they have not sorted the damp in the basement after the other tenant bringing the problem to them, then what is the best case scenario for me? Is it even worth paying money for a solicitors, a damp expert and an independent surveyor with these red flags(?)?

Any advice/opinions appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X