• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PLEASE Help with a Refund of part of my Deposit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE Help with a Refund of part of my Deposit

Please could you help me out? I have been renting a one bedroomed flat in Milton Keynes for about 3 years now and this week I received a renewal email notice from the estate agents asking me if I wanted to renew my tenancy, so I replied yes and for 12 months, I signed a form on the email stating this. The next day i got a letter confirming that the Landlord had agreed to extend my tenancy for another 12 months, which is all good for now, later during this letter the Estate agents referred to my deposit of £1,012.50 which they are holding in an account and the new law concerning this that came into force on the 1st June 2019, and that I am entitled to a refund of £233.65, BUT in their letter they state; "Please note, the refund will be processed within 28 days of the renewal date, (October 1st 2019) providing we are in receipt of the enclosed form" (The enclosed form is asking for my bank details account number name of account and sort code). I have filled that form in and sent it back.

My question is Can they hold onto my refund for that long when the law came into force in June this year?
    Last edited by countryrowe; 15th August 2019, 12:25:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X