• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Onto Charge Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onto Charge Issue

Hello.

i am looking for some guidance. I have been a customer with Onto, an all inclusive electric car subscription service for 7 months. Never had an issue but last month got a nail in my tyre and needed it replacing.

i have always purchased an excess reducer which I have attached to this post. Onto are claiming I owe them for the tyre damage yet my excess reducer terms state that provided I have the excess reducer they will Waive liability for tyres, glass, roof , undercarriage and loss of keys.

Onto are claiming that actually I am still liable for the first £350 of this. Any advice on the attached terms?

thanks!

terms:

This reduced damage excess to £350 (the “Excess Reduction”) forms part of our wider terms and conditions
    (the “Agreement”) between us and you.
    The effect of the Excess Reduction is, subject to the terms and conditions below and of our wider Agreement being met at all times by you, in consideration for you purchasing the Excess Reduction from us we will reduce the Insurance Excess payable by you in accordance with clause 4.3 of the Agreement to us from £1,000 to £350 in relation to each and every event and claim and we therefore waive our contractual ability to recover £650 from you under clause 7.3 of our Agreement. You will still remain responsible for paying £350 to us in relation to each claim.

Additionally, provided that you have complied with the Agreement at all times, the purchase of an Excess Reduction will mean that we will waive your liability for the following items:

● Damage to the Tyres
    ● Windshield and auto glass damage (up to £1,000 for windshield or auto glass damage)
    ● Damage to the undercarriage and roof
    ● Loss or damage to the vehicle keys.

It is a condition of purchase of this Excess Reduction that the Hirer (or any Additional Driver) can confirm that he or she meets the Qualification Criteria as otherwise the Excess Reduction will be void and you will be liable to us for the standard Insurance Excess as stated in the Agreement.

The effect of this contractual reduction is simply to reduce the Insurance Excess payable by you to us in the event that you are liable to pay the Insurance Excess to us under clause 7.3 of the Agreement. Apart from as described above, in no way does this reduction expand or change the scope of the insurance cover which is maintained by us in relation to the Vehicle.

The Excess Reduction bolt on CANNOT be used to reduce the excess payable if you act in bad faith or breach any of your obligations under this Agreement.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X