• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice regarding poor roof job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice regarding poor roof job

Hi sorry for this long winded post but it needs the back story to explain where I'm up to now.

I recently had a firm off Mybuilder come and replace the facia and guttering at my 1930s property. Whilst the work was not 100% it was acceptable.

As they where there doing the job I Spoke to the boss with regards to removing the ridge tiles cleaning and then resetting them due to the old cement starting to come away.

The boss suggested using a dry ridge system instead and going of his perceived expertise I agreed to the work.

The work should have taken 1 day however due to unforseen issues they had to return the following day. I was not in that day but was confident the work wold be completed and I'd have a new ridge system.

When I returned home I was shocked to see what can only be discribed as a shoddy job I took pictures and sent them to the boss who assured me the lads would be back to put it right. He seemed genuinely annoyed at the state of the work.

They came back to rectify the mess but this was also not completed correctly in my untrained opinion so I took more pictures and sent them to an independant roofer who raised a number of concerns at the poor workmanship the use of incorrect materials and the possibility of water ingress due to the webbing not being secured to the roof stating it needed to come back off and a new kit being used as the ridge kit is a one use system.

I contacted the roofer again with additional pictures and the information gained from the independant roofer at which point he became very angry and and tried to say I was lying about the materials used ie sylicone used under the webbing which the independant roofer had identified stating it should not be used as it can corrode the webbing and I had actually witnessed them use.

It was agreed that the roofer be given one more chance at sorting the issues out and I asked in text if the old webbing would be removed and replaced for which he said it would be.

The lads came back and although I was not there I communicated with the lead man via my video ring doorbell and went over the plans to sort it and checked if he had been instructed to remove and replace the webbing kit which he confirmed he had the kit in the van and also showed me the tiles he would be using.

When they had finished the ridge looked a lot better however I was concerned that the old webbing had not been replaced.

I checked the roof myself as we have a velux window, a visual inspection and pictures showed stones under the webbing and the webbing was raised and not secured and the seal is not tacky so no seal being provided.

I've also checked the video which does not show them removing the webbing or replacing it.

I've sent the new pictures to the independant roofer who has stated whilst the roof looks better he is concerned that from the pictures the seal is not intact and will result in water ingress.

So now I'm left wondering how I now go about rectifying this as I have clearly been lied to.

I am looking to have the ridges etc removed and redone by another roofing firm however this will cost me more money on top of what I've already paid to have the original work done.

What is the best approach to sort this and be reimbursed?

Regards Bill
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X