• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lability Communal carpark - Damage to Vehicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lability Communal carpark - Damage to Vehicles

Evening all.

I am not sure if I have any legal rights, I would appreciate some help.

I have lived at my home for 26 years. This is Housing Association property, there are four flats all sharing two communal carparks. Our landlord charges us by way of Service Charges for Maintenance and removal of items left by fly tippers. In my tenancy agreement it states the following: "Security - To give you security so long as you continue to live in your home." Would I be correct as this is open to interpretation.

Details.

Over the years, us tenants have had problems with the communal carpark, the site is not secure, anyone can drive/ walk onto our scheme. Problems consist of:

Fly tipping
    Drug deals
    Drug use
    Damage to vehicles
    Theft from/ of motor vehicles

On Friday 30th April, mine and my neighbours Catalytic converters were stolen, causing me inconvenience of getting to work on public transport, and a £800 bill, further to this my vehicle will depreciate as its an aftermarket Catalyst Mazda supply.

Last year I had all my windows smashed on my vehicle, 7 tyres slashed, my neighbour has had all body panels damaged. Our landlord, which is a housing association states its nothing to do with them, they can not be held responsible for other peoples actions. Yet our landlord continues to charge us for fly tipping/ upkeep of the carpark.

1) Is there anyway of holding our landlord responsible for the damage to our vehicles as they are failing to secure the site?
    2) Is my tenancy agreement open to interpretation? Could this be extended not just myself but my property? "Security - To give you security so long as you continue to live in your home."
    3) is there any legislation I can rely on such as, ''Occupiers Liability Act 1957"
    3) Is there anything I could do.?

We cannot park on the road as council will ticket us, the communal carpark is not safe nor secure., there is no other parking

Landlord stated: a gaited system would be expensive to maintain. Our Service charges would cover this. We are paying for services we are not receiving/ or would not be needed should sa gated system be introduced

Police state, 'As there are no witnesses/ CCTV then there is no line of enquiry.'

I would appreciate any assistance offered

Stevieb
    Last edited by Scrumpy11; 7th May 2021, 21:26:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X