• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitor’s Invoice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitor’s Invoice

Hello
    I recently had a free 30min consult re a family matter with a solicitor. I was advised what the next steps should be and was informed hourly rate. I provisionally agreed to engage their services pending their client care letter first. The next day I was emailed a letter they had drafted along with the client care letter, to which I did not respond.
    I decided not to engage with this firm but have now been sent an invoice for £300 for the initial two paragraph letter.
    My understanding is that no contract has been made between us and I have refused to pay the invoice on this basis. What can I do if they continue to pursue ?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X