• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re-Stocking Charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Stocking Charge

Hi Everyone,

I ordered some materials from an online supplier of construction materials.

I paid for the goods personally, to include delivery to a domestic address. The payment was made by BACS from my personal account.

I have a limited company which is a roofing company - but this order was nothing to do with my company, this was ordered personally and paid for as such.

The order was in excess of £2000.00 inc vat

My friends subsequently changed their mind and did not want the materials as they had changed their mind on the project

I personally paid to collect the materials, and return them as per the online suppliers instruction - back to the manufacturer at a cost in excess of £500.00

The online supplier has done the following:

Delivered the materials a day early to my friends - delivering them at 10pm at night causing a great deal of stress

After my returning the materials back to manufacturer - they were reluctant to commit to a refund

They stated over the phone that they would deduct a 35% Diminished Value Charge as I was a consumer* - as per their terms

They have today stated that instead they would charge a 35% restocking charge as I was a business not a consumer (In writing)

Confused - I checked the invoice and low and behold they have put my name and home address on the invoice but have slid my company name in there...*

When I challenged them and notified them this was a personal transaction from my personal account, not my business and I have paid personally to return them (I have the reciepts van hire, fuel ect) they did not know where to go other than speak to a solicitor.

I spend hundreds of thousands yearly through my business on materials - this was a personal transaction after finding the cheapest deal for some friends whom I was going to advise on installation nothing more.

If I had wanted my company to pay for this I would have done.

What are my rights?

They have since said on the phone that if I claim to be a consumer - they will issue an apology that they would have made a mistake and revert to the 35% Diminished value charge.

The materials were returned in the same condition as was delivered by their driver.

It is not about the money - it is a matter of principal as having now seen all their trustpilot reviews they are a 1 star business out to rip people off by retaining money at whatever cost.

I need to know where to go with this as I refuse to let them get away with it

Many Thanks In Advance

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X