• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do I need to pay the cancellation fee if I was not notified beforehand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to pay the cancellation fee if I was not notified beforehand?

I had agreed to meet up at a music centre with a guy that I had been speaking to on a local musicians' Facebook group but he messaged an hour beforehand saying he could not make it. I promptly cancelled the booking of one of the 15 practice rooms but the centre replied and said I needed to pay for the full price as I had not given them 24 hours notice. I was not notified of this cancellation policy beforehand and it says nowhere on the centre's website or social media. I have checked thoroughly.

I am worried that if I do pay it, the centre rep who replied is just trying it on to get the money. The centre only accepts cash so he could just pocket it himself without anyone knowing.

To me, having to pay this fee is equivalent to a builder going to do work and then charging an extra £50 on top of the work for admin fees without notifying the customer beforehand... Surely, I should have been told about this policy before?

Regardless, how enforceable is this? Are they really going to chase up £30? All they have is my email address.

I would pay for good karma and all that but I am really struggling for money at the moment (single mother) and the other guy is not going to stump up his half so I will be £15 down for essentials this month.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X