• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Local Authorities Traffic Orders (procedure) Regulations decision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Local Authorities Traffic Orders (procedure) Regulations decision

Hi.
    Looking for some general advice with regards to a problem I have with my local council.

Our parish councillors asked for lots of double yellow lines to be put in various places around our recently built estate.Some of these lines were directly outside my property. I objected to the DYL's based on them being completely unnecessary as it was very rare for a car to be parked there. Highways department completely agreed with me and confirmed in writing they would not be installing the DYL's directly outside my property(all the other proposed DYL's were to proceed). The Borough councillor also confirmed in writing they were not necessary and had requested the Highways department recommend they were excluded from the proposal in their report.

Lots of DYL's were painted around the estate, excluding the one's outside my property. The Parish Councillors kicked up a fuss and forced the portfolio holder to change his mind and go against the Highways recommendation and the Borough Councillors decision.

The DYL's when soon painted outside my property.

I have complained to the council but not really got anywhere. I have spoken to the Highways department and they were not very happy with the way it has been handled.

As I understand it, The Local Authorities Traffic Orders (procedure) Regulation 17.3 states anybody who has objected to a proposal must be written to within 14 days of the Traffic Regulation Order being made to advise the outcome and include the reason for the decision. No one has ever written to me to advise why my objection failed - they can't as my objection never failed and the Highways department agreed with it. In fact, they have written to me to confirm my objection succeeded.

So based on the council failing to follow their own procedures, would I have any legal option for forcing the council to remove the DYL's
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X