• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Grandson Needs Help With Broken Relationship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandson Needs Help With Broken Relationship

Hi

My grandson had a relationship (they were not married) with the mother of his daughter for about six years but in the last six months she has left him to start another relationship. They have a daughter who is just under two years old.

They were jointly paying the mortgage on a flat which is now in the process of being sold. For the last four months since leaving, my grandsons ex-partner has made no contribution to the mortgage or any of the bills. She has instructed the solicitor dealing with the sale of the flat to pay 50% of the sale equity directly into her bank. They jointly owe an aunt of my grandson £7000 which she loaned them for the deposit,

My wife and I have repeatedly advised our grandson to get legal representation but because he did not want to upset his ex-partner for fear of losing risk access to his daughter he has not done so.

However, as we warned him things have started to get ugly and his ex-partner is dictating all the terms including when he can see his daughter. This has been made worse because he recently started a new relationship which is ex partner is now aware of and she is making life difficult for him especially in respect of his daughter.

The other day she and some friends emptied the flat of most of the furniture whilst he was at work leaving him with just a few bare essentials.

Because his daughter is barely two the bond between them is starting to break down because she is constantly in the company of her mother and her new partner, which is something my wife and I warned him would happen.

We would welcome any advise on what he should do to not only protect his financial rights but also his access to his daughter.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X