• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allocation in Child Act Cases with an international element

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allocation in Child Act Cases with an international element

Ex recently filed a C100 (and C1a - what an irony) and ticked the box that there WASN'T an international element to the case. BUT he has been living overseas for the last year. This is in a non-Hague agreement country, so I am concerned about abduction as he's indicated that he wants to bring the kids there.

Question is, does the fact that he's ticked the wrong box make a difference to the way the courts file the paperwork, and what level of judge gets allocated the case? I only ask as I'm a LIP and Support Through Court were surprised that the proceedings have been allocated to magistrates, as it was their impression that anything with an international element has to be allocated to a judge with international experience. Or does it have a bearing in any other way? Thanks
    Last edited by Winter Sun; 3rd October 2021, 11:08:AM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X