• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stalled Divorce getting it back on track / question over the house ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalled Divorce getting it back on track / question over the house ?

Hi
    I have a decree nisi, granted in July 2017. I now need to complete the divorce and sort out a financial settlement.

Divorce: Can I simply apply for a decree absolute now (Dec 2018) or do I need to do something else to get a decree absolute?

Financial settlement: we completed Form A in August 2017, and got to the point of exchanging Form E, when the divorce stalled.

I know need to get this sorted out: Do I re-issue Form A, followed by Form E (suitably updated) or can I go straight to Form E ?

How do I apply for an Order to Sell the property ? (My former wife is still living in the property with our son, I am paying the mortgage and paying child maintenance which is overpowering me, financially).

Background by agreement with former wife, the former home is up for sale, although not much interest currently. Only my name on the mortgage. I am financially crippled by the cost of the mortgage and child maintenance and its having an impact upon my health. This whole thing has been going on for 2 years, and every time I edge forward, my former wife (who is now incredibly hostile) seeks out a way of tying me up in knots. We need to sell the property as quickly as possible.

My worry is that once the house is sold, (Note I may have to auction it, so not getting full market value, as I can just about afford to keep paying the mortgage), that my former wife then wants more money from me as the house was sold under market value, despite the fact I cannot afford to keep it going. Where do I stand with this ? Can she come along and say it wasn't sold at its full value therefore I want XY & Z ?

We have been to mediation, twice, and she refuses to co-operate. Last time was October. Financially I am close to the point of bankruptcy and am wondering what is the best thing to do.

??

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X