• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Where do I stand legally here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I stand legally here?

I own my property and 7 months ago my long term partner moved in.
    Yesterday I broke up with her and she indicated that she would refuse to move out.
    she pays no rent and there is no tenancy agreement. She hasn’t paid towards any home improvements etc. she does pay most of the monthly household bills though.

she is a functioning alcoholic and can be unpredictable, volatile and argumentative. I am on medication for high blood pressure and I’m worried about my health due to the stress of sharing what is a very small space.
    Ideally I’d like to give her 28 days notice but if she is going to continue to verbally harass and abuse me then I want her to move out asap.
    yesterday she threw my dinner on the floor which was cooking on the stove. We weren’t arguing at the time and I was in another room.
    She is in a well paid job so she can afford to find somewhere to rent.
    I fear I’m going to have to ask her to leave very quickly to protect my health. Where do I stand legally?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X