• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tolata

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tolata

HELP!!!... 6 months pregnant. Am I to be evicted??
    I am concerned that a TOLATA claim is to be made against me.

I bought a house with my ex as joint tenants in October 2014, we split up and parted ways by mid 2015. Since then I have been solely responsible for the mortgage and have made every payment, she is claiming that she is entitled to half the profits. Is this correct? When we split I paid her the £3,500 to cover the small amount that she had contributed to the house and then some. I also got her to sign something at the time to say she had received it.

To make matters worse I am 6 months pregnant and have no where else to go. Ideally I need a another year here before I can leave. Anyone know if this is possible? Or how long before a TOLATA can be enforced or taken to court? I have rang a few solicitors but they want a good amount of money before even looking at my case. I'd love to know where I stand before falking out money which at this time is very tight.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X