• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I'd paid 000's towards house renovation and in rent - am I entitled to anything?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd paid 000's towards house renovation and in rent - am I entitled to anything?

Hi,

In 2017 my ex partner asked me to move in with him, he was living in his fathers farmhouse. So I up'd sticks with my children and moved house (and their school etc)....all very exciting!

During the first 4/5 months of living with him, we renovated his fathers farmhouse. I spent nearly £4000 on all things renovation, flooring, cooker, building equipment etc etc. Once the renovation had been completed I then paid monthly rent which was given to his dad. There was no rental agreement in place.

After 8 months of living in the house, my ex decided he wasn't happy and ask me and the children to leave! I then spent 5/6 months living in the property whilst searching for somewhere else to live, during this time I continued to pay rent etc. I finally moved out in August 2018.

My question is.....am I entitled to anything I have paid into the house? It has without doubt increased it's value. I couldn't really take anything with me when I left, it was all built into the house. The only thing would have been the £500 cooker, which my ex told me I wasn't allowed to take as it was part of the kitchen.

I just feel that I have spent £4000 on renovation and £2000 in rent towards the house I was then asked to leave.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Carly
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X