• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Stress at work and a premature baby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress at work and a premature baby

Hello, this is my first post on this forum and I'm just looking for an opinion really on if I should do anything about my situation. My baby was born 5 1/2 weeks premature on 14 December 2014. in the weeks leading up to this I had a lot of personal stress which my employer was aware of, I had a meeting with my line manager at the time. I was also working on an extremely stressful and high profile piece of work which my manager refused to take away from me. I ended up being signed off from work for a month by my doctor who made a point of putting on the sick note stress at work because my employer was not supporting me. I then had my baby and am currently still on maternity leave. I never had so much as a phone call from my HR department to see how I was. We're a government funded organisation. All management levels right up to the CEO have left the organisation since I went on maternity leave. I am due to return to work soon. I'm planning on getting pregnant again pretty soon. My question is should I put in a grievance against the company when I return to make sure it doesn't happen again with baby No2? Or should I allow my employer to just ignore what happened and accept no responsibility? I would appreciate opinions on this. thank you.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X