• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Underpaid/unpaid agency work for selfemployed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underpaid/unpaid agency work for selfemployed.

Hello everyone!

Got registered today in hope for a word of advise.

Over the last couple of years I work as a self employed delivery driver doing jobs provided by an agent. There's no formal contract in place clearly setting out my daily rate and all the rest. However the rate got settled at £120 for a normal day of work (around 12-13 hours with 45-65 drops and up to 50-60 miles of driving) and £130 for high mileage (~200 miles) or working in congestion charge zone.

What strikes me is that for about the same number of drops in the same area one day I can get £120 and on the following day - £100 with no explanation what so ever. And the good news don't stop here. Almost every other week one day of work is always "forgotten" when it comes to paying for it and I have to beg for my money.

The last "forgotten" day was forgotten particularly well. That day I worked for FEDEX, leaving the depot at around 11am with 96 drops, which was impossible to do during normal business hours. I raised the issue with the depot manager and had a lecture in reply that everyone who is privileged to deliver for FEDEX is expected to make even more drops and therefore I should reconsider what I am doing. The message was reinforced by my agent who told me that I undermine his good business relationship with FEDEX and instead of talking nonsense I should be on the road by now...

...I came back at around 9pm with 24 fails (20 out of time + 4 carded). The rest has been delivered. Plus I had 4 collections which I collected...

...To cut the story short my agent refused to pay me for "that day" on the basis that "we all know what happened that day" and based on the number of fails I had "that day" FEDEX has every right not to pay me at all which, according to my agent, had been thoroughly exercised...

...As it turns out it's not quite true. As a matter of fact it's completely untrue. I got in touch with FEDEX depot and have an e-mail confirmation from their accounts department that my agent's invoice for "that day" has been fully paid..

My question is simple - what can and should I do?

P.S. I have copies of all the paperwork for "that day" with customers' signatures proving all my deliveries.

Kind regards,
    LT.
    Last edited by liotchik; 8th June 2014, 12:11:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X