• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Holiday Pay & Tupe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Pay & Tupe

Hi all,

New the the forum and seeking some advice please.

Me and my partner worked for the same employer as cleaners for a company who had a contract with an office.

My partner went on Maternity in July, i did the letter for her in advance asking to use up her remaining holidays for the year before her maturnity started, we received a letter stating she was only entitled to a week "Pro-V" upto that point, and holidays entitlement for rest of the year will be done when she comes back, My partner was off sick the 1 week before her holiday of one week in hospital, provided a sick note So my parter used the week holiday before her maturity started and when payday came she wasn't paid for it, got told cos she was off sick before hand, however the sick note only ran upto the holiday week, after many attempts on getting this week paid was to no avail, before Xmas i was worried about my partner loosing all of her holidays to end of the year which would of been (2 weeks holiday while on M/Leave) and the week still owed not paid, got her to right a letter stating she is entitled to the 3 weeks and will be paid upon my partner coming back to work, on the call i was also informed she doesnt have to keep her job open as its not full time work only 16 hours, (which i know is total incorrect as she was working there months before she got preg)

Our employer has now lost the contract due to her absence on keeping in touch with her client, we have been told off the client they are looking at bring someone else in and have handed our boss 3 months notice from (6th Feb). we have on the 25th Feb had a meeting with the new employers who will be taking it over soon but our old boss in unreacable, my partner has desided to hand in her notice under the current contract (2 weeks) when we found out the contract was ending early feb, which would of ended her employment on the 21st feb, i was paid that day, my partner claims of the goverment MAT due to low income to get Stat M-Pay, our old boss is avoiding calls from the new contractors to do a TUPE Transfer and also avoiding ares regarding her outstanding Holiday pay, im under the informations my partner is entitled to her holidays cos they was granted to follow over the next year as they refused to give her them last year got a letter stating she is entitled to her 3 weeks in oct and due to her handing in her notice will mean she will be sent a p45 and final pay but yet to no avail, cant even get hold of her she is avoiding everyone, also the new contracts want to take us over from the 16th march, they had 2 meetings with me as im still working there on the 25th feb / 4th march and informed the only changes will be holiday year runs to and from apr then jan and that our pay will change from 2weekly 2 month, are they suppose to give us more notice of any changes and are they entitled to take over the contract the 16th when the client on gave notice to our boss from the 4th feb? client reason is she had enough time and that she has made no effort to contact them to do the tupe?.. any help would be so greatfull..
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X