• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Letter of concern rejection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of concern rejection

Hello.

My name is Dave and I’m a bakery production manager at cake manufacturer where I have worked for 13 years( but only the last 3 years as a production manager).

I have been diagnosed with secondary multiple sclerosis , with an initial diagnosis made 24 years ago, and me sailing through the relapsing remitting for most of it, and then it hitting my balance and my right leg stability 8 years ago effecting my walk and caused me to fall over from time . It was 8 years I came clean to my employees and told them my diagnosis, which they had no issue with ( I did get the production managers position after all)

Still there was no problems when ,from a limp , it escalated to my right hand side arm and finger dexterity and confirmed the secondary progressive diagnosis.

It has only been within the last 6 months it has escalated to cognition. I just felt differently , and strangely strategic planning and organisation ,although not impossible, became much ,much harder .

In September this year, I had what I can only describe , as a full blown Relapse, which effected a lot of my cognitive thinking. I was tested for a mini stroke, which fortunately came back negative and I was then referred to my MS nurse. she then referred me to the clinical psy with an appointment some weeks later.

All this time I remained at work regardless with no time off ,other than half a day off on the day of my relapse and be guilt tripped to arrive. I went against medical advice from those involved ,but made it clear ,in September, I was not all well, and there was something wrong with my cognition, which they accepted.

I did have to right everything down from then on, my pad became essential to operate.

I must have had 2-3 weeks of support before it was back to the normal level of pressure . in October a meeting was held , and I described myself as 8 out of 10 Dave , where back on relapse Day, I would been barely 1 out of 10 , which was noted. A request for my medical records to be seen, which was agreed . It was mentioned by myself ,that I was going to see a clinical psychologist To help me understand what was wrong, which I attended a few weeks later where there where cognitive tests .

The tests for cognition were full on but worth it if it gave me the reason for the gap in my mind.

There was then a top team meeting , couple of weeks later, where I was verbally attacked and harassed so much that both the MD and the owner , where spoken to by the attending colleague as she felt that it was unnecessary and abusive, as the previous top team meeting called for me to be supported. She even took me to one side the day after and asked me if I was ok , which I appreciated .

Last Monday ,after attending our daily planning meeting, I was asked to remain by the MD and the owner of the business. I was questioned about performance ,issues and other problems which had arisen over the last few months , to which I had no immediate reply as it was nothing I had planned for, or could have an accurate response too , but said I was still missing the final 2 out of 10 ,but I would get on with the issues raised immediately.

On Tuesday I got a telephone conversation from the psychologist , explaining that the tests were good apart from a bit of my speed of planning could be faster ,but my attention part of the brain needs help and support through CBT but perfectly treatable .

It was such a relief ! The stress of it all has taken a huge toll on my well being , I had a frank discussion with clinical psychologist on the way Robin Williams killed himself by hanging ,would be the preferred choice rather than stock pile medication9(I’m surprised they let me out).

i went through Wednesday and Thursday optimistic that my issue is attention , or lack of , but it explained so much of what I was going through rather than not having a clue.

Today the owner and the MD are out for the morning. On the MD’s arrival he hands me a hand addressed letter ,which turned out to be a letter of concern, subsequent to our impromptu meeting held on the Monday .

In it, he raised subjects from the meeting , some of it ,I don’t even remember , saying my replies were vague ( I was unprepared ! )and I was delegating tasks I was tasked with which was the root cause of the failings .ultimately I am responsible and accountable for these issues as production manager as I had not reviewed the delegations.

It also said that it was noted that ,during our conversation, that I used my notebook as it was believed I was having difficulties remembering,therefore, I should use my notebook as required.It also said as I said I didn’t need help , their concern is I won’t be able to deal with the health and safety and food safety of the business! When all I meant I was able to do the tasks highlighted in the meeting.

It is finished as a letter saying, the MD and the owner are there to help if required ,so feel free to ask and they will try to assist.

i feel like I can’t function, as my job is just going to force me out because I’m a bit broken and it’s very upsetting.

any advise will be gratefully received.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X