• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a court claim from Lowell today!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received a court claim from Lowell today!!!!

So I came to this today, what does it mean and what do I do? I have tried to call Lowell back but I couldn’t get through their security as my date of birth didn’t match, they then asked to to email them a photo of my passport which I didn’t want to do as my understanding of acceptable poid (I work in financial services) this is not an acceptable proof?? The debt comes from a talk talk Wi-Fi agreement from 2014 which never worked and talk talk wouldn’t let me cancel so I just cancelled my dd n unplugged the router
    Tags: None

Hi Rachy, Okay first thing you want to do is Acknowledge the Claim - Acknowledge Claim with intent to defend in full to give you the full 28 days from service to sort out what to do.

Then get a SAR off to Talk Talk - Subject Access Request Letter - to see what happened with the account. Presumably you made complaints and got nowhere with them so just unplugged and stopped payments in sheer frustration and went with a decent company.

How much is the claim for?

Did you try ringing Lowell AFTER you'd received the claim? or previously after other letters?

Could you type out the particulars of claim from the claim form please.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It’s basically a claim form Lowell portfolio are the claimants, particulars of claim, I entered into an agreement with talktalk, I failed to maintain the payments n service was terminated, the agreement was passed to Lowell in 2016, (tbh I did just ignore all letters as I was really peed of with talktalk) £241.62 remains outstanding, the total amount of the claim inc costs is 335.95. The only time I contacted Lowell was a few wks ago and they couldn’t help as couldn’t pass security due to the dob they hold for me being wrong, and I refused to send them a photo of my passport as my understandings is this is not valid poid anyway and the guy I spoke to just sounded really unprofessional n I just didn’t trust them to do it??!!

Comment

I will send of a sars tmw, thanks for your reply

Comment

Have you heard anything back on this? Your defence will be due in soon.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello ,

look at the below which i received from Amethyst

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-and-talk-talk

Comment

Did you hear back from lowell/the courts

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X