• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Erudio / drydensfairfax - misinformed of deferment requirements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erudio / drydensfairfax - misinformed of deferment requirements

Hello,

I don't know if anyone can help I've been arguing with Erudio about this for years, I had another Drydensfairfax letter about my student loan from my old style loan that ended in 1998

I sent my bank statements as proof of my income to defer my loan in 2015 (self employed). 

I then received a letter saying my application was incomplete, I rang them and was told that I needed to supply my Tax Return or Accountants Letter (I didn't have these at the time) and that they would not accept my bank statement as proof of income for my second deferment - only a tax return or accountants letter.

I supplied bank statements and invoices the year before though and it was accepted then.

However I received a message from Erudio in 2019 suggesting I should have sent business invoices as well as my bank statement. This information was not relayed to me during my phone call in 2015. I can't remember if I sent the invoices as well at the time as it was so long ago, but I do remember printing them so either they lost them or I didn't send them.

Erudio have stated they do not have a physical recording of this call or record of giving me the wrong information however they have sent me their own call logs which do state clearly that they told me on the phone in 2015 that ‘however this year we are asking for a tax return’ . This contradicts all correspondance from them that says I could have provided bank statements and invoices. I feel the person on the phone call misinformed or was trained poorly to advise me what was missing from the loan deferment.

It's not a massive amount but I don't see why I should be on the hook when they share, at least, part of the blame for this error.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X