• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell portfolio 1 ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Amethyst . I am still awaiting a reply from PAP form that I sent on 10th April. Is this normal? I know from your last message you said that they should respond within 30 days but they're a law unto themselves and I could use the opportunity to settle at a reduced rate, but I'm in no position to offer a sum figure.

Just wondering where I stand with this really? Although I daresay, nowhere.... Just to wait

Comment

Amethyst Hi, hope you're well. I recieved a letter from lowell solicitors today which is pretty self explanatory but just wondering if you could tell me what it means for me re the PAP etc...I assume it means that everything is in hold and could resume at any time? Or would they have to start again?... it states.

"further to your completed Pre Action Protocol reply form, our client has not yet been able to provide us with a full response and has requested that we return your case to them, please direct all further communication to them."

Comment

Yep, should be on hold until someone, somewhere finds any documents and basically, starts over. They will know they need to comply with your CCA request before they do anything. Just a case of wait and see I'm afraid. Keep the info you got back from Provident safe in case you need to refer to it later.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

OK thank you. Why would the case be reffered back to them though? Costs for them regards solicitors? Could they just pick up from where they left or would they need to start again... PAP etc

Comment

They're the same people, so they've just shoved it back across the desk. If Lowell come up with documents and decide they can justify the loan on loan on loan then it might go back to the solicitors. They should do a new PAP but whether they do or not is anyones guess. So it's a good sign, but it's going to be lurking in the background until statute barred - which I don't think is too far off is it ? ( 6 years after default / last payment if later ) Does the SAR stuff gives you the default/last payment date?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Last payment date was 14th December 2014 I believe (can't recall without checking). So a fair way to go I think

Comment

Hi again...following on from above I've still not heard anything back from lowell, I'm trying to prep for if/when I do. Quick recap.... Lowell portfolio 2 started court action with a letter of claim in March 2019 for a debt that will be statute barred at 6 years in Dec 2020. I filled out the PAP form (if I remember the correct term) requesting every document under the sun as this was a provident home loan, and some of the figures I do not recall. I did not acknowledge the loan. Lowell solicitors wrote back to me *and said that the client, Lowell has not been able to provide a full response and ask that they return the case back to them have asked back to them. Does this mean court action was placed on hold or they'll need to start again? Thanks*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X