• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please Lowell solicitors 😓

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Oh ignore me, I'm a doofus, it's Lowell isn't it... I was thinking it was a solicitors actiing for someone like Lowell... but it is Lowell Solicitors.... arrrghhhh lol, sorry ! So, yes it goes back to Lowell ( the ones that sent it so presumably the solicitors)
    Amethyst sorry its me again being a pain!
    Do I need to send a CCA request if it's Lowell portfolio and Lowell solicitors or just send the reply form to the solicitors?

Thank you. x

Comment

Send the reply to the solicitors yes, and separately the cca to Lowell portfolio.

You dont have to fill in your email address and phone number on the form.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you Amythyst.
        I took your advice and sent everything off. I just received this back. Can I ask them to prove I made that payment as I’m not sure if it’s true or that’s where I sent a CCA request.

Thank you.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hiya xx

Yes it sounds like this £1 was your previous CCA request - it was not a payment to the account it was a statutory fee so NOT acknowledgement for statute of limitations purposes. We can write back to them to tell them the same. Would you recall if it was a postal order you sent back then? Also, I know you won't have a copy but you could send a SAR request to them (separately - and to whoever owned the debt when you sent the CCA in 2015 - was that still Lowell?) which the response should include that request.

It doesn't sound like they have sent you any documents at all ? No response to your CCA request or any of the documents asked for in the reply form? If so you can reiterate your requests in same letter.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you x

No, nothing yet.

The CCA request went to Lowell portfolio, I’ve heard nothing from them just this response from Lowell solicitors.
            Im not sure how I paid I think it would have been a postal order as I have not had a cheque book in ages but I can’t be 100%.
            I’ve heard they do things like pretend you’ve made payments. Surely they would have to prove it?
            would I send a SAR to Halifax who owned the debt then and and Lowell solicitors?
            Am I right in thinking that because this was a pre 2007 agreement they have the supply something more substantial than a reconstituted agreeement?
            Sorry for all the questions Amythyst but this is really getting me down at the minute.

Thank you x

Comment

You're fine, honestly, it can be a stressful situation - particularly when you have exams to worry about too !

I'd send a SAR to Halifax in anycase… you never know what these will turn up that could help you later.

I'll try do a bit of a start point on a letter in the morning to reply to Lowell, and yes, accompany it with a SAR as your original CCA went direct to them.

As you think the card account might have been opened in 2006 then it could well have been an online application, so they could just send a recon, but it must be a true copy, so if the prescribed terms aren't there they can't ask the court to just make them up... but tbh by 2006 most companies had sorted themselves out prescribed terms wise. It does seem your primary challenge will be statute barring. It defaulted 2011 and nothing was paid and the first acknowledgment really would be the reply to the pre-action letter - which was after 6 years. I know you had a rough time of things around the same time so it might turn up that other payments were made etc.... but then tbh, if they had of been, why would they pretend the £1 stat fee for the CCA request, was a payment.

Might also be worth getting yourself an appt at CAB - I know you need to avoid a CCJ, so it would be worth going through your Income/Expenditure stuff and figuring out what you COULD offer by way of instalments to Lowell to keep this from going to court ( IF it looks like it's heading that way depending on what they respond docs wise etc )… always best to be prepared.

Tagging myself so I remember in the morning Amethyst
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay something like this....

Dear Lowell

Reference XXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter, dated xxxxxxxxxxxx, confirming you have requested copies of documents as requested by myself in response to your letter before claim, and that collections activity of the account is on hold.

I note that you believe a payment of £1 was made to the account on 28th January 2015 and thus contend the alleged debt would not be statute barred. I dispute your contention in it's entirety. Following some previous letters from you in 2014 I wrote to you formally to request details and to ask for a copy of the original credit agreement. This letter was a formal request made pursuant to sections 77 to 79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for which payment of a prescribed fee of £1 is required. The letter was neither an acknowledgment of the debt nor payment towards the debt and it can not be used to extend the limitations period. I continue to contend that the alleged debt is statute barred pursuant to the Limitations Act 1980.

In addition I contend that the debt is unenforceable as you are in breach of my more recent formal Consumer Credit Act 1974 request, sent to yourselves on xxxxx 2018 (along with a further £1 payment for the prescribed fee).

Any claim issued will be defended.

I look forward to receiving the required documentation.

Kind regards

Vicxy
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you that is fantastic.
                  They have confirmed in their original letter that the account was opened in 2006 and I do know it was definitely opened in the branch rather than online. I’m not sure how much difference that makes.
                  They sent me a reconstituted agreement last time I asked that wasn’t signed x

Comment

Hi Amythyst.

They have got back to me. I am literally at the end of my tether with this and I can’t cope any more.
                    I don’t feel like there is any point.

Comment

prior yo 2007 they must provide copy of original signed CCA, they are trying to hoodwink you!?

Comment

Letter
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike thank you for your reply they have sent me two agreements both unsigned one has he correct address and one has the my last address on it so it’s obvious that they have just made them up. I don’t know what to do any more. They won’t leave me alone.

Comment

Can anybody help me please? I can’t seem to upload all of the documents here

Comment

Amethyst please help

Comment

Hey, That letter doesn't sound terrible or anything,they've sent the agreement and terms, and they're still waiting on the Default Notice etc. and they have entirely ignored the statute barred issue.

Feel free to email the docs you have received - admin@legalbeagles.info - and I'll have a look

Hi Mike thank you for your reply they have sent me two agreements both unsigned one has he correct address and one has the my last address on it so it’s obvious that they have just made them up. I don’t know what to do any more. They won’t leave me alone.
                                One will be the original( well, recon of) from when you applied, and one will be the 'terms as varied' from when the account defaulted.

The statements - do they back up that the debt is statute barred without that £1 CCA payment ?
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X