• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabot Financial UK / Lloyds - 2-12-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Cabot Financial UK / Lloyds - 2-12-2014

Is there no way we can make public the sheer volume of claims being bought by these bottom feeders with no paperwork to prove their right to claim?
    G

Comment

Such a waste of public funds and they're such a nuisance to other people :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Is there no way we can make public the sheer volume of claims being bought by these bottom feeders with no paperwork to prove their right to claim?

I have a sneaky, if not cynical, feeling that the reason they are abusing the court system presently is because of the new legislation due to come into effect in April (from what I have read via our Amethyst). The new legislation means that they will have to make sure they have the appropriate paperwork in place before proceeding to court. :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by octet View Post
          We're not sure about admitting / denying entering into an agreement wit the original creditor.

4. It is admitted that the Defendant has previously entered into an agreement with Lloyds Bank for provision of credit.

Do you have to admit or can you deny all knowledge. Need to submit my defense by Wednesday need some help please

Thanks Crisis x
          Last edited by Crisis; 5th January 2015, 21:52:PM.

Comment

New letter received from Restons Solicitors today, but Defence has already been submitted.

Do we have to do anything else now or wait for the court to come back?

Comment

Anyone, please?

Comment

You put your defence in already so you should be fine.

Goodness know what Restons are on about with that letter, I'd just file it away xxx
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you, Amethyst!

Comment

We got this reply back from Cabot, what do we make out of it?

Comment

Wow that letter is gold for my case if I am permitted to copy it.
                      G

Comment

That is a belter of a letter, btw post no 29, I would construe this as a ploy to get a true copy of your signature, so that they could allegedly, use this for other documents in their own defence of the PoC. Never sign anything, the original CCA will have your signature on and its up to them to get hold of of it in order for them to prove true ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by octet View Post
                          We got this reply back from Cabot, what do we make out of it?

Cabot can't even get that right statutory time scale is 12 + 2 Working Days.
                          Another nasty little trap for the unwary, " obliged to pay the outstanding balance" i.e. pay us now and admit liability and we.ve got you!!)

Send a copy to the FCA please!!

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                            Cabot can't even get that right statutory time scale is 12 + 2 Working Days.
                            Another nasty little trap for the unwary, " obliged to pay the outstanding balance" i.e. pay us now and admit liability and we.ve got you!!)

Send a copy to the FCA please!!

nem
                            Is there a template on here for the FCA letter?

Thanks guys!

Comment

Hi no template.

A simple letter,
                              For Information Re Cabot Financial.
                              Sir/Madam,

I enclose here with a letter received from Cabot Financial Ltd in reply to my request made under sections 77/79 of the CCA 1974
                              (as amended) in which Cabot quotes a 40 day time scale for complying with my request.

I understand that this is now standard practice for Cabot which has also been known to state that this is based on " industry guidance."

I believe this conduct cast doubt on Cabot suitability to hold a Consumer Credit Licence.

Comment

Thanks a lot nemesis45. Letter drafted and sent here:

FCA Head Office, 25 The North Colonnade, London E14 5HS.

Should I send a copy here as well? consumer.queries@fca.org.uk

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X