• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial (UK) / Mortimer Clarke / Oak Brook Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial (UK) / Mortimer Clarke / Oak Brook Finance

Afternoon all,

I've received a County Court claim as listed below. I'm hurriedly trying to follow the steps indicated in the guide as I believe my deadline to reply is in two days (I've recently become a first time mum, so time is not what it used to be and I stupidly didn't act immediately)

Am I correct that I need to do the following:
    1) acknowledge claim via money claim site
    2) request credit agreement from Oakbrook
    3) request info from Mortimer Clark

Any advice you have would be great fully received.

Received a claim? Yes/No: YES
    Issue Date: 19th July 2016
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Not yet
    Total Amount Claimed : approx £3000
    Claimant’s Name: Cabot Financial (UK) Limited
    Solicitors Firm: Mortimer Clarke
    Original Creditor: Oakbrook Finance LTD
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Loan
    Particulars of Claim: by an agreement between Oakbrook Finance Ltd and the defendant on or around 04/2017, agreed to loan the defendant monies. The defendant did not pay the installments as they fell due & the agreement was terminated. The agreement was assigned to the claimant.
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): nothing in writing except the court claim
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): currently none
    Any Other Information or Background Details: I've never heard of Oakbrook Finance?
    Tags: None

Sound like you're on top of things but send a CCA request to Cabot not Oakbrook. You can send a subject access request to Oakbrook to get more information about the debt. Send The 31.14 request to Mortimer Clarke… Although they haven't mentioned very much in their statement of case still ask for agreement, default notice and notice of assignment.

Was it originally a loan? How much approx ? And was it a personal or business loan? ( I'm afraid I don't know much about Oakbrook)

Make sure you acknowledged the claim with intent to defend in full - Just to make sure you have the full 33 days from the date of issue.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Useful links
      First Steps
      Check dates
      Acknowledge Claim
      CCA Request
      CPR 31.14 Request
      Subject Access Request Letter

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks for putting me on the right track Amethyst

I can't find anything on it, would be a personal loan. I did have some mental health problems around that time, so paperwork is likely to be long gone and can't see anything in my emails. They're claiming approx £2.8k with fees it's over £3k.

I'm going to do the response to the court now and get on with sending the letters. I'll update shortly. Thank you again.

Comment

It looks like Oakbrook finance lend under the name ' likely loans ' If that rings any bells? They have a very high interest rate ( 60% apr) and are aimed at people with poor credit scores. They seem to act mainly online so you could have a search through your emails to see if anything comes up under the company name.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X