• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nolans and Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nolans and Cabot

Hi guys looking for some help/advice here as this is a bit out of my comfort zone

Received a letter yesterday from Nolans Solicitors who are acting on behalf of Cabot Financial. First letter from Nolans so its the usual bla bla pay us to avoid court action. Now as this is a solicitors letter I have to take this seriously and stop burying my head in the sand like ive done for so long.

Cabot are acting on behalf of Vanquis bank who I owe £3922 to on a credit card from years ago, its not quite reached the 5 year mark which is why I think they have upped the game. Ive drafted a CCA letter to send to Cabot as i understand this is the first part of my defence but im still very worried about it going to court and what may happen. I'm also sceptical as I don't have any letters from Cabot so the only reference number I have is the one on the Nolans letter which Cabot may not recognise and refuse my request

What should I do if they refuse due to the wrong ref?

I appreciate any help and will keep this updated as things go on and its clear this wont be going away

Thanks
    Tags: None

CCA Request if cabot own the debt send to them Recorded Delivery, keep copy on request copy you keep<

more detail needed, last payment any other correspondence from you to them? did you have Vanquis ROP? as far as court concerned further down the line if they take that route, there is a system they have to follow and you get a chance to ask for information further down the line,, need to read other threads on vanquis then you can see what happens,
    also did you get a default sent to you, as many a case they sens invalid one.
    many a case is lost by claimants due to procedural errors.

Comment

Last payment to them would be December 2014 as far as I can remember as I've changed banks since then

Never had any contact with them until now

I'll need to go through my credit file and see when they issued a default. Oddly enough this debt doesn't show on my credit report either as a long or short term one

No idea what ROP is sorry ?

Comment

Update:

Cabot wrote back to me, they dont have anything on file to honour the CCA request and have asked for more time and will be in touch within 12 days with a update, this normal?

Nothing new from Nolans

Comment

Had another letter from Nolans today; basically a polite pay now our client will accept instalments, if we dont hear back then further action will be taken. Should I tell them Im waiting on a CCA request or ignore them? This is worrying me a lot now and has come at a bad time for me so any advice is much appreciated

Comment

Hi there,

Yes I'd let Nolan's know you are making enquiries with their client by way of the CCA request as you don't recognise the debt, and that Cabot have responded saying they are retrieving the documents - you expect the account to be put on hold until a full response is received from their client.

Hopefully that will put them off issuing a claim for the time being.

xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ok ive done that today so ill see what repose I get. Cabot wrote to me on the 2/1/19 and its now the 14/1/19 so Im expecting some kind of update from them this week as per the 12 days they stated

Comment

Oh dear! I thought Nolans would have learnt their lesson, but sadly it seems that is not the case. You are doing the right thing by requesting the CCA and in the meantime DO NOT acknowledge the debt.

Nolans took me to court without the relevant documentation. I think they work on statistics that most people will not defend themselves in court and they will win their case (naughty!).

Good luck.

Comment

Cabot wrote back dated the 14/1/19, cutting it fine eh. Short and sweet "we've contacted the original lender for the documents, not permitted to obtain a judgement or decree against you in court" Then asked me kindly if id still pay them the 4 grand.....

Some breathing space then. As said I wrote to Nolans so await a response from them.

Cabot didn't state any time frames in there letter, is there one for them to produce the CCA?

Comment

Yes, just sit tight in the meantime. I believe the time frame is still two weeks to produce the CCA however you will probably get one of Cabot's standard letters stating that they need more time to find the documentation. Technically Nolans should not move forward with any threat of court action until Cabot have produced the CCA. If and when you get the CCA, get back on this site and someone will be able to help you.

Comment

Thanks. Not received any reply letter back from Nolans yet. Will wait and see how the next few weeks pan out

Comment

15/2/19

Received a letter back from Cabot with my digitally signed cca, terms and conditions and a copy of my online Vanquis application. Doesn't look good now and I expect Nolans to pounce within a few days , anyone help with with the next step

Comment

Is it headed 'Digital Application' , grey background, is landscape and doesn't say ' credit Agreement regulated under consumer credit act' on it ?

like this ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BB0237B2-672E-4833-B9FC-466E83836DDF.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1449578

have they included an actual agreement as well ?

Attached Files
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

They've sent both by the looks of things

Comment

Ok - is the agreement from the right date from when the account was opened ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X