• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nolans and Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is yes

Comment

Bummer.

Okay well you know they have this then and are likely to proceed with recovery at some point ( and that would be before December ) you can wait for that and then ask for default / assignment notices or look at any dispute you might have on the debt OR you can try come to an arrangement to pay direct ( affordable installments worked out using the standard financial statement) with Cabot now without having the threat of court action hanging over you.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Nolans wrote today as expected with a 14 day contact us with a offer or face further action. Should I just try to come to an arrangement wohh cabot and ignore nolans? It's a massive amount to pay for me and I can't afford much per month so not sure what they'll accept. I'd rather pay it off over a long period than skint myself every month

Comment

Don't skint yourself at all, what you should do is go through your IE sheet first to check exactly what you can afford pro-rata ... have a look here https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/quickfsintro.asp - you could alternatively go through things with someone like Stepchange / CAB to check your full situation - once you have your figures you can speak with Cabot directly and go through your IE and see what you can agree so that you don't have it hanging over you. You can tell them you haven't dealt with it until now as you were waiting for the documents and now they have been provided you're willing to get something sorted out. Once you've spoken to them ensure anything agreed is in writing and send a copy to Nolans to tell them to back off and that you're dealing direct with their client.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks for your help. Im going to phone a debt advice service on Monday and see what options are open to me

Comment

Let me know how you get on xx
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X