• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Claim Form from Cabot/Mortimer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is their letter received today, dated 6 Dec. Many thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

Perfect It's nice to see a proper response to the extension request. Up till now they've just said random shizzle about it being on hold indefinitely which left defendants in a bit a uncertain limbo....but this is actually clear and correct.

Yes do a copy of the full letter and attach it to your email to the court as per my last post xxx

Have you sent a SAR to Lloyds at all ? That might help from your side.

So other than the extension part they are doing the old ' you've already seen the document ' stuff... so we should reply to them on that... a kind of "thanks for the extension, have informed court, to confirm I require copies of x,x and x and look forward to receiving these before I file my defence at the expiry of the extension" letter. Probably also mention that you have done a CCA request in it too. /you could mention negotiation if you're in that position ( while they'reon the back foot can be a good time to get a deal )

Now, your priority is to avoid a CCJ. You've worked hard to clean your credit file and a CCJ would really cause some issues by the sound of it.

So while waiting for the documents from Cabot and the response from Lloyds, I'd be sorting out your income and expenditure sheets and checking what kind of offer you might be able to make should the documents and debt be valid. If nothing arrives from Cabot/Mortimer before you file your defence you will have a few more months, so could spend that time trying to get yourself in a position where you could make a full & final settlement offer as a one off payment to have the claim withdrawn, or so you at least know what kind of instalment payments you could make under a consent order ( so the claim is on hold in court without a CCJ being applied while you make payments ).
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Right I’ve done all this. Confirmed to the court and written to Mortimers. I didn’t mention negotiation but I did say I want to avoid a judgment. We’ll see what they say. In the meantime I’ve now had a response from Cabot to confirm they have requested a copy of the CCA and statements.

Ive also had a response from Lloyd’s it seems they forwarded my request to Bank of Scotland! Who we currently hold accounts with. So I will have to respond asking for specifically Lloyd’s details. I’ll do that today.
        Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EFFF468E-48E2-4EA9-9FF2-050C10D3790B.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1441076 Hi there, I’ve had the attached letter from Cabot today. Any advice on if I need to do anything? This is direct from Cabot not Mortimers. Also had no confirmation from the court that the extension on the deadline has been confirmed to the end of January. It’s that time in between Xmas when you don’t know what day it is or where will be open :/

Comment

That's a standard response from Cabot and generally just means they're a little out of the loop regards what's happening with the court claim.

If you notified the court of the extension all should be fine - the court don't confirm it back to you - do just prep your defence to go in by the end of the agreed extension.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi there again,
              I’ve had another letter from Cabot today but still nothing from Mortimers.

Should I chase them up next week perhaps? I’ll need to file a defence by the end of the month.

Thank you so much!
              Attached Files

Comment

Amethyst Dear Amethyst, I think I’m going to have a go at submitting a defence today. It needs to be in by Monday. I’m assuming I can do this online but I’ll get the words together this morning. Would you have any final thoughts on this? Still nothing from Mortimers unless I get something in this mornings post. Last contact was from Cabot saying it was unenforceable. Many thanks for all your help it’s been literally mind-saving!

Comment

Sounds like a plan, you can submit it via Moneyclaim online ( assuming the system is working of course ).

I'd amend your defence from the example to say you agreed an extension to give them more time to provide documents and still nothing - and that the claimant has confirmed ( twice?) that they are unable to comply with your CCA request and therefore the debt is unenforceable. Example Defence

If you post up a draft will have a go through it.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

It does seem the website isn’t working :O:/

Comment

Argh I’m having a complete nightmare. I can’t log into MCOL it’s not accepting my details. So I’m getting really paranoid thinking I sent the extension details to the wrong place and it’s all been done and dusted whilst I’m sat here waiting for Mortimers to pull their finger out. I tried calling but there were 35 people ahead of me in the queue. I’ve emailed all the details over with the defence submission hoping for a miracle.

Would I have received the court paperwork by now if it gone through by default? If it has I’ll have to look at a set aside?

Comment

You can always serve your defence by email, has amethyst looked at it and advised.?

By the way , how much is this for , did you say and did I miss it?

Comment

No I panicked and just wanted to submit my defence ASAP so I emailed it yesterday afternoon. Everything was working so slowly yesterday IT wise it took me ages to get it all together. The claim is for £2200. I sent the extension details over the court court business centre email in December which gives me until Monday to submit. But there are so many different emails to use, itshardly user friendly. When you call them it’s always so busy.

Comment

Still nothing today in the post. I’ve submitted everything via email to the correct address and will do the same with Mortimers. I’ve just got to trust in the judgement gods that they heard my prayers and the right thing will happen I couldn’t have done anymore really.

If by sheer bad bad luck they never got the extension details and they have defaulted it (paperwork pending to find its way here) can I appeal?

Comment

The courts have been having a bigger nightmare than usual with their IT systems over the last few days, so don't be paranoid - it's affecting everyone not just you, but it may be worth putting a hard copy of the defence in the post to them as well IF you haven't had an acknowledgement of receipt of the email back from HMCTS.

The extension is an agreement between the parties, nothing to do with the court. It is the Claimant that has to apply for a default judgment if you are late with the defence, the court doesn't automatically apply it. So the Claimant is aware they agreed to an extension and thus should not file for default. If they did then you would ask them to set it aside at their cost and proceed with the claim.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

This fabulous thank you Amethyst I think I just lost 10 years aging I gained in the past 2 days!
                                I have had an auto receipt for my email submission yesterday. Phew.
                                I have definitely sent it to the correct address according to their auto reply I have thoroughly checked.
                                Ok fingers crossed.
                                Hoping for something, anything at all from Mortimers.
                                Thank you soooo much for your help! I hardly slept last night

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X