• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Libel, Slander or both?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libel, Slander or both?

Good evening everyone, my first post here so please bear with me if I appear to ramble but the matter is very convoluted and becoming dirtier by the day!
    I am posting on behalf of my wife and her younger sister and would greatly appreciate any help or advice.
    The initial cause of the present issue was the way in which the Executors of my Late Mother in Law's Estate (Her eldest daughter & Youngest son) have conducted themselves & the mismanagement of their duties as executors. The Legal Ombudsman has now taken on the case & involved the Police in the matter and as part of this process they asked my wife & her sister to send them as much information as possible, particularly in regard to any financial transactions they may have knowledge of. To this effect they contacted the Funeral Director who carried out MiL's funeral to again ask for a copy of the Account as they had been refused on first request because the executors had specifically told the FD that neither of them was to be given any information concerning the funeral cost. They also contacted the firm of Solicitors who drafted MiL's Will to request confirmation of their costs and here is the crux of this post.
    My wife's sister spoke to a Paralegal Secretary at the Firm concerned and whilst going through the usual interrogation as to her identity and the case in question etc; the Paralegal said the case file showed that they had been informed by the executors that my wife had a Criminal Record and my sister in law had been committed under the Mental Health Act numerous times during her lifetime and subsequently both of them were untrustworthy & were not to be given any information if it was requested!
    I can state categorically that my sister in law has never been sectioned at any time under any Mental Health Act and my wife has most definitely not got a Criminal Record!
    They are both extremely distraught about this latest slur as it is just the latest in a sorry catalogue of written innuendo, veiled threats and other poisonous comments written by her executor brother.
    I am also at a loss as to why legal professionals would put into writing comments about third parties they have no personal knowledge of and have made no attempt to corroborate whether the statements made were in any way accurate or truthful?
    Thanks for hanging in there if you managed to read to the end!
    Kindest regards, Abdiel.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X