• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a court claim and would appreciate any advice/opinions please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received a court claim and would appreciate any advice/opinions please

I received a court claim which came out of the blue which I adamantly deny. The whole sorry saga can be found here :

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...16-months-HELP

A valued member suggested I start a new thread here.

I filled out all the forms and a defence which was sent through. I also received this by email from the builders no win no fee solicitor about a week ago :

This case be allocated to the Fast Track.
    Claimant
    Defendant
    4. 5.
    The Defendant do file a properly pleaded Defence in accordance with the Civil Procedure Rules by close of business May 2016.
    The Claimant, if it sees fit, do file a reply to the Defence by close of business 23rd May 2016.
    Disclosure of documents will be dealt with as follows :-
    ii.
    By 4.00pm 6th June 2016 the parties must give to each other standard disclosure of documents by list and category.
    By 4.00pm 13th June 2016 any request must be made to inspect the
    original of, or to provide a copy of a discloseable document. Any such request, unless objected to, must be complied with within fourteen days of the request.
    Evidence of facts should be dealt with as follows :-
    ii.
    By 4.00pm 4tl July 2016 all parties must serve on each other copies of the signed statements of themselves, and of all other witnesses on
    whom they intend to rely, and all notices relating to evidence.
    Oral evidence will not be permitted at Trial from a witness whose statement has not been served in accordance with this Order or has been served late, except with the permission of the Court.

In the mean time I have filled out the forms and sent to all parties an RICS adjudication application form, but not sure if I am too late as I had already filed my defence back, but as the claim came unexpectantly I was caught out with time to find out any other ways to solve the problem.

The solicitor acting wanted the case heard in their home town which is miles away from me and would make attending very difficult as my husband is ill and I'd be away for the whole day which would be nigh on impossible to do . I didn't put down on the form which court I wanted it to be herd at as I mi read the question and left it blank.

I received in the post today a letter from the court in Northampton titled Notice of
    transferor proceedings.

It states : This claim has been transferred to the below county court ( this is close to me ) for allocation. On receipt, the file will be referred to a procedural judge who will allocate the claim to track and give case management directions. Details of the judges directions will be sent to you in a notice of allocation. If you would like any further information you can contact the local county court hearing centre directly but please wait the judge's direction.

Firstly does this mean that the case will be heard close to me and not in the court closest to the claimant and also if the RICS adjudicator is going to advise on the case what shall I do to inform the court?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X