• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Caste Lowell/Bryan Carter - Worried sick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Court Caste Lowell/Bryan Carter - Worried sick

Well, I've had several emails from Bryan Carter but no official confirmation that they'll agree to set-aside the judgement.

The last email contained a scan of the judges order dated 20th May asking if I had received that document. Sure enough, in the version they sent me there certainly was a second page in there that contains instructions on delivering a witness statement to the court 14 days before the hearing date but in my letter I don't have that second page; only the first that says the hearing was to be held on the 1st October. I've replied to confirm that I did receive the first page but not the second with the instructions on providing a witness statement but so far I've heard nothing back from them.

I'm really worried that they're stalling for time and are going to try and enforce this judgement but I'm not sure if I'm worrying over nothing or if I have a legitimate concern. What are the rules on enforcing a judgement? Can they just send a bailiff or court officer to my front door? I can really do without this extra stress. I'm getting anxiety attacks in the night and just feel generally unwell while all of this looms over me.

Given that I have so far had no response from Carter to my last email, which was sent on 29th October, should I just go ahead and file the N244? Or would the fact that the solicitors are engaging in a discussion over this make any difference if it came to them applying to enforce the order?

Thanks

Comment

• Re: Court Caste Lowell/Bryan Carter - Worried sick

I think you may as well get the N244 sorted and in to court then. To enforce the judgment they do have to apply to the court for a warrant of control and they write to you first with 14 days notice so bailiffs shouldn't just show up - the N244 will put that all on hold anyway. Are you eligible for fee remission at all ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X