• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim legal fees putting my family at risk of financial hardship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim legal fees putting my family at risk of financial hardship

Hello all,

I posted some time ago regarding a nasty situation I found myself in.

As a *very* brief summary, my then 'friend' and business partner and I fell out over their sexual advances toward me. When I rejected them, they turned into a very nasty character, blaming me for the loss of business in our company, and accusing me of setting up another business with a third party in order to betray them. I had done neither.
    Needless to say, our relationship deteriorated over the course of several months until I was forced to resign as a director the business. I had no other source of income, and so at that point I did set up another company so that I had a means of looking after my family.
    Shortly after that, my ex-business partner began making legal claims towards me, saying that I had deliberately set up the new business is competition with them. I had not - it was a separate business for some independent contracting work.
    My solicitor advised me that I had a sexual harrassment case, and so I took them to an employment Tribunal.

It didn't stop them in any case - the legal letters continued for another two years until he levied a court claim against me and my new company.
    All of this has cost me and my family a fortune which we couldn't afford.

I am now in the position of applying for security of costs against them, however this is also costing me a lot more money than I have.

My ex-business partner is a rich person with family money, land and property and is well-aware of my comparatively poor financial situation. They are also extremely vindictive and will be well-aware that this is damaging to me and my family.

So after this tale of woe, my question is, is there anywhere I can go to get help and advice to avoid financial hardship? Obviously asking my solicitor just costs me more for their advice.
    I'm asking here in desperation.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X