• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim form

• Hi could anyone please offer some advice? I have received a claim through the post and have completed the AOS online. I have no idea what this debt is at is dated 2012 but the original creditor isn’t named.

Any advice on next steps greatly appreciated as I have entered panic mode!!

Thank you

Received a claim? Yes

Issue Date: 26/6/24

Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Yes (online)

Total Amount Claimed : £6,000

Claimant’s Name: LC ASSET 2 S.A R.L.

Solicitors Firm: Kearns Solicitors

Original Creditor: ???

Original Debt: Reference number provided but no idea!!!

Particulars of Claim: The following is written:

The Claimant ('C' claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement referenced
      (REFERENCE NUMBER PROVIDED ON THE LETTER) opened on or around the17/05/2012. The agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA"), was signed by the Defendant ('D') and from which credit was extended to D. D failed to comply with a Default Notice served pursuant to s87

(1) CCA and by 31/07/2014 a default was recorded. The benefit of the debt was originally assigned to Intrum UK Finance Limited then legally assigned to C effective 05/01/2023 and made regular upon C serving a Notice of Assignment upon D shortly thereafter. And C claims- 1. 5,137.24 2.

Interest pursuant to Section 69 County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from 05/01/2023 to 27/06/2024 of 557.63 and thereafter at a daily rate of 1.09 to date of judgment or sooner payment. Date

27/06/2024

Any Other Information or Background Details:

Other than the information provided to me in the letter, I have no further details. I have no recollection of this debt and the original 2012 creditor isn’t named.
    • It states it is from the “CIVIL NATIONAL BUSINESS CENTRE” if that makes any difference:-/
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X