• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a CCJ claim form yesterday. Need advice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received a CCJ claim form yesterday. Need advice.

Yesterday I received a CCJ claim form for a debt owed to Cabot/Mortimer.
    Received a claim? Yes/No: Yes
    Issue Date: 03/01/2023
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: No
    Total Amount Claimed : £2800
    Claimant’s Name: Cabot Financial (UK) Limited
    Solicitors Firm: Mortimer Clarke Solicitors Ltd
    Original Creditor: Oakbrook Finance Ltd
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Loan
    Particulars of Claim: By an agreement between Oakbrook Finance Ltd & the defendant on or around 05/03/2018 ('the agreement') Oakbrook Finance Ltd agreed to loan the defendant monies. The defendant did not pay the instalments as they fell due. The agreement was terminated following the service of a default notice. The agreement was assigned to the named claimant. Cabot Credit Management Group Limited, acting as servicing agent of the named Claimant through it's Appointed Representative (Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited), has arranged for these proceedings to be issued in the name of the Claimant.
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 5 years?): No
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): Responded to the letter before claim stating "I don't know whether I owe the debt" I also sent with it a request for a copy of the credit agreement.
    Any Other Information or Background Details: Mortimer Clarke responded with another letter before claim pack, they never sent me a copy of the credit agreement. They did send a "statement of your account covering 01/09/2019 to 22/10/2022. This "statement just stated the Cabot reference, original account number, original creditor, regarding, current creditor, opening balance on 01/09/2019: £2897 and the statement which has, date: "01/09/2019", description: "partial recourse", Debits "0.00", Credits "392.16" and balance as of "22/11/22: £2506"

I am not sure what to do. I know I have 14 days from the date of claim.
    I have no idea whether to defend the claim as I have not received a copy of the original credit agreement or, complete the admission form and make an offer of payment in instalments.
    Which option is the least likely to result in having a CCJ against me or am I screwed either way?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X