• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim received Lowells help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim received Lowells help please

Hi I today recieved a CC letter from Lowells for 600 for a capital one credit card debt it states the date the debt was transferred to the debt collectors as 17/09/2020 but no date of original contract. Can I ask for a copy of the contract now that it has gone to court and use as a defence if they do not provide it? If i can what is the process I have no idea

Appreciate any help
    Tags: None

Any help with the court process would be gratefully recieved as well. Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi Dazzle1969

You need to Acknowledge the Claim, that will give you 28 days to file your defence.
      Follow the information in the link -

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/fac...nformation-ew/

Comment

Thanks I will do that and let you know the response.

Comment

Make a CCA request to Lowells. Template in Shortcuts panel on this page.

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
              Make a CCA request to Lowells. Template in Shortcuts panel on this page.
              Do i need to send anything else to the original lender or Lowell or just the CCA and thats enough? Sorry I'm new to all this

Comment

CCA Request get proof of posting - send with £1 postal order. keep copies you are dealing with lowells who must of purchased the alledged debt now owners.

Comment

First Steps
                  Check dates
                  Acknowledge Claim read these info sheets
                  CCA Request
                  CPR 31.14 Request == only ask for what is stated in the court form.

Comment

lowells usually not provide at this stage as they do not have items> BUT your defence later will give court information of requesting such, do not worry at this stage about it> defence later.

just go on line and Acknowledge claim = Stating Defend ALL no defence needed just now, once acknowledged an extension of time limits extends so defence later on> but get those request off and acknowledge claim now<

Comment

Thanks Mike top man

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                        lowells usually not provide at this stage as they do not have items> BUT your defence later will give court information of requesting such, do not worry at this stage about it> defence later.

just go on line and Acknowledge claim = Stating Defend ALL no defence needed just now, once acknowledged an extension of time limits extends so defence later on> but get those request off and acknowledge claim now<
                        So does the CPR go to Lowells solicitors but the CCA just to Lowells?

Comment

Sorry im confused could you outline what i need to send to who. At thr bottom of letter in red it says about a copy being sent of credit agreement. Do i send the letters together. Sorry

Comment

Also is the date for defence 28 days after original CC issue date. Sorry this is hard

Comment

CPR to solicitors - get proof posting = no fee

CCA to originator with £1.00 postal order get proof posting also send copy to lowells solicitors - just copy no fee

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X