• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ claim from lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats my defence lol i am terrible with all this stuff and the extra stress im under just struggling to think straight at moment so dont think i can do any better,i will submit soon even though i am late i hope they accept this and thank you for your help

Comment

hi just to update i have delayed correspondence back from the courts and lowell my local post office on strike so post been late in getting to me
      they have sent notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track but this was on 6th may so not sure if i missed out also recieved letter from lowells stating they agree to mediation/settlement through small claim track and sent filled in questionnaire
      not sure next move as courts wasnt answer phone this morning and my online profile aint showing much information*

Comment

get the form into court and agree mediation* they are going to get a Judgment because you are in default ---did you receive the form from the court as well as lowells, if the court sent one move and* get it back.* *have you got all documents you need for a case from lowells if not then that is good, read around the site and see the opportunist action s of the likes of lowells*

Comment

Originally posted by 8iscuit View Post
          hi just to update i have delayed correspondence back from the courts and lowell my local post office on strike so post been late in getting to me
          they have sent notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track but this was on 6th may so not sure if i missed out also recieved letter from lowells stating they agree to mediation/settlement through small claim track and sent filled in questionnaire
          not sure next move as courts wasnt answer phone this morning and my online profile aint showing much information
          thank you i will get it sent back first class recorded delivery in the morning and hope i am not to late but had no update so should be good,lowell have not sent all the documents i have requested as i am hoping they dont have them*

Comment

Do when medication ring eventually ask you al documents to mediate you say no they bthen state no mediation and then inform court for next move

Comment

hi all not heard anything about mediation but just had loads of paperwork sent over to me that they state are default notices,statements and notice of assignment

I'm doubting if this is the correct paperwork though as its itemised bills from the Vodafone and ee account and a letter they say they sent 4 years ago but could of been drafted yesterday with different date applied and on the very account they have what seems like a screenshot of my very account file which basically shows I was in dispute over damaged goods

I think they are trying thre luck they have offered me a tomlin order within this as they say i will loose and its my best options

Comment

Does anyone know what i should do about this tomlin order? Thank you in advance

Comment

Well they would say that because that’s what they want you to think, so you’ll settle and pay them.

Let’s go through each and check they have sent the documents required. Have you been sent:

Very

Credit Agreement
                  Default Notice from Very
                  Notice of Assignment from Very (not from Lowell)

Vodafone

The Terms and conditions you entered into
                  Notice of assignment from Vodafone (not from Lowell)

EE Finance

Credit Agreement
                  Default Notice
                  Notice of assignment from EE (not from Lowell)

If they have not sent ALL of the documents listed for each, then they haven’t got the evidence to substantiate their claim and consequently won’t win it.

Regards the Tonkin Order, whether or not they have evidenced their claim will depend on what you reply.
                  COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

OK yes I think they just want me to pay as they know cant win but this is what I have received...

Very account - a letter dated Feb 17 that appears to gave been sent to myself from very (no records of me receiving this in the past) that says they have assigned ownership of my account to lowell portfolio l Ltd

Also sent a screenshot of what appears tobe my old very account showing I communication I held with very about a broken item I received?

Vodafone - then have sent about 6 months worth of itemised bills for the mobile i held with them at the time.

Ee - sent later dated April 19 which appears tobe from ee stating account been assigned to lowell portfolio l Ltd and I should pay them.
                    letter from lowell April 19 stating they now own account and I should makw arrangement to pay

All I have received is above it doesnt feel like i have everything they need to enforce the letters sent for very account and ee account could have been drafted and dated anytime as i am not seeing original copy from either company with logos or any identity features.

I might instruct them i wish to refuse tomlin order and take my chances but I could possibly lose

Comment

Okay, so this is where you stand.

Very - they have not provided enough documents as the Credit Agreement and Default Notice are absent.

Vodafone - they have not produced the terms or a notice of assignment. A court can’t rule on a contract when there’s no terms and they haven’t proved their legal right to bring the claim at all.

EE - they have not provided a credit agreement (remeber they say you entered into agreement with EE Finance, finance companies provide credit) and default notice. Therefore they do not have enough to win this portion.

You should simply reject the Tomlin Order and inform them that now they have demonstrated they cannot win they claim that you are inviting them to discontinue.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

I wouldn’t go into detail about what they haven’t provided, don’t prepare them for your argument, Lee it short and sweet.

Comment

Thank you all for your advice I will inform them I reject the tomlin order as I don't believe I have a case to answer

So will this then go for mediation as not heard anything about that or should I ring courts find out when being passed to a judge

Comment

Slow down wait next move sit on hands for now

Comment

Ok thank you I will just wait see what they do

Comment

You’ll hear from the mediation team in due course, you’ll inform them you don’t have all the documents to be able to fully understand the claim and they’ll refer the claim back to the court.

You want to be prompt in responding to anything from the court not wait until deadlines, you want this to move towards the hearing in the shortest time it can, less time for them to find the missing documents.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X