• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ claim from lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK just to update everyone I have had another letter from the courts saying that the claim has been stayed and that the 25th September the claimants must file with courts and defendant copy of all documents it will rely on,including but not limited to loan agreements any assignments in default of this order the claim will be struck out.

I hope they don't find this info im praying im on my way to a little win but wont hold my breath

Comment

ball in their court now

Comment

Originally posted by 8iscuit View Post
        OK just to update everyone I have had another letter from the courts saying that the claim has been stayed and that the 25th September the claimants must file with courts and defendant copy of all documents it will rely on,including but not limited to loan agreements any assignments in default of this order the claim will be struck out.

I hope they don't find this info im praying im on my way to a little win but wont hold my breath
        Good to see the court being pro-active on striking out claims without merit (without documents basically). 21 days to see what they do next. Good luck.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I’d write to them stating that should they be unable to abide by the order you intend to ask the court for your costs and invite them to discontinue the claim with both parties bearing their own costs in about 10 days from the date of the order to turn the screws.
          COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

So should I write to the courts or lowell asking about costs? What would this achieve for me will I have to pay money yo the courts for my costs? Thsnks in advance

Comment

You should write to the court to ask them to strike out the claim stating they have not complied with the order and ask that the court order them to pay you costs. Enclose a schedule of costs you have incurred and you can claim for your time at £19 per hour.

Don’t claim for loads of hours, just 3 or four.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by 8iscuit View Post
                So should I write to the courts or lowell asking about costs? What would this achieve for me will I have to pay money yo the courts for my costs? Thsnks in advance
                ok so i think i need to follow your advice and send a letter to courts as this case is going nowhere,i have recieved another offer of a tomlin order from lowell in the past month just ignored it

so i have checked my online account with courts that has not been updated with any information since june last year even though i rang courts and they say lowell sent new paperwork in but they are to short staffed to deal with it.

Comment

Might be last attempt before discontinue. See what next? Was allocation mvol stops recording as local court??

Comment

Sorry Mike I don't understand what a mvol is? I'm going to gotta take courts again

Comment

as stated see their next move do not write to courts

MCOL should of read once case passed to courts MCOL stops recording by Northampton as being dealt with locally!

Comment

my case is now sitting with a district judge at court waiting tobe heard i spoke with courts today and they said should be heard this week,i am very nervous and hope my defence was enough but should have a decision soon but its taken ages due to covid i have almost forgot about it a few times.

i would like to thank everybody for your advice and support i wouldnt have got this far without you.

Comment

okay so the courts have wrote to me saying i have a hearing date in january

parties to serve all documents by middle of december

witness statements must be included in the document filed and served including statements from the parties themselves if giving evidence

court must be informed if case is settled

this order made in absence of parties

unless the claimant does by 4pm on 14th december pay the courts the trial fee of £195 or file a properly completed application (i.e one which provides all the required information in the manner requested) then the claim will be struck out with effect from 14th december without further order and unless the court orders otherwise you will also be liable the costs that the defendant has incurred.

okay so thats pretty much the important part of the letter am i right in thinking the judge is sticking to the guidelines and asking for all the documents that you guys suggested i demand to prove the dedts valid?

do i need to prepare a fresh witness statement or provide anymore evidence for the courts or are they basically asking lowell to prove the dedt?

i also intend togo to court to defend myself and if i was to win this case would lowell be liable for my time spent defending myself?

Comment

@JAGUARSUK please advise.

Comment

Can you upload a copy of the Order please - hide name and claim number please.
                              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

If I were you I'd file a witness statement with everything that has happened since you served and filed the last one. Title it supplementary witness statement. Add any communications they have sent you and you have sent back sine you filed a witness statement as exhibits.

This will demonstrate to the court that you have consistently asked them to evidence their claim and they simply keep refusing.

Yes you can ask for costs, these are limited usually to expenses, but you could argue pursuant to CPR 27.14 that their conduct on the claim has been poor in refusing to evidence after multiple requests and that they have wasted the courts time. If the judge agrees you can ask for your time at £19/hour, but don't take the mick when stating how many hours you have spent on the claim.

If you wish to go down that route you need to file and serve on the other party a schedule of costs 24 hours prior to the hearing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X