• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court - Lowell - Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court - Lowell - Help

Hi everyone
    yesterday received the letter totaling £1200 unsure on if the amounts are correct but one thing that threw me was lowell have tied up 3 debts in one court claim? all debts were from different companies originally is this something they can do?

Also should i CCA them?
    Tags: None

Amethyst*

Comment

Are all the debts the same type of debt ? ( eg are they all mobile phone bill debts or credit cards ?)*
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi

No 2 are shop direct and one is a credit card

Cheers

Comment

Sorry to bump this but I'm gonna start replying to the court tomorrow,* is it ok that they have joined different debts that are different types from different companies?

Comment

Originally posted by patters1978 View Post
            Sorry to bump this but I'm gonna start replying to the court tomorrow, is it ok that they have joined different debts that are different types from different companies?
            Was it an official county court money claim from the court you received or just a letter from Lowells?

If it was a court claim then you can take your time. If you just log on online & acknowledge receipt then you get about an extra 14 days to respond with your defence.*

Comment

Hi everyone

Slight update on this.

CCJ issued on the 28/01/20
              Total £1461.93
              CCA & CPR Request submitted 02/02/20
              Response from Lowell Solicitors 06/02/20

So the response just states that they acknowledge my letter asking for CCA & CPR and they have requested information from the client, and that i would appreciate that they are unable to control the time in which they recieve the information (like i have it).

No other information has been forwarded to me by Lowell no credit agreements etc

So are my next steps defence i'm worried i'm running out of time!
              Can i do my defence online?
              Any help please

Comment

Bump still no letter today from lowell
                Help

Comment

just do the defence stating that on such a date request was made for the documents you state, they are well known not to supply at this stage but can be made to later in cases, so stop panicking as that is what they want you to do and make mistakes to their advantage, you can submit on line but look at examples on here top right court page gives you a lay out, do not remind Lowells as next stage will be (once you defence sent) is mediation when you will state no documents received( If the case by then) mediation would state no mediation and inform court of lowells lack of documents to mediate, read threads and you will see the way they work right up to the last minute as to whether to discontinue before they loose their fees or continue.*

submit defence on line 24hrs before or 48 hrs so as not give them time to trash your initial defence

Comment

Thank you

Just a quick question regarding timing.

Court letter was 23/01/20
                    Responded on 03/02/20

Do i get 30 days + 30 days to file my defence? from the 23rd or
                    Do i get 30 days after responding from the 03/02/20

Cheers

Comment

Thank you

Just a quick question regarding timing.

Court letter was 23/01/20
                      Responded on 03/02/20

Do i get 30 days + 30 days to file my defence? from the 23rd or
                      Do i get 30 days after responding from the 03/02/20

Cheers
                      Have you not filed your defence yet? Because if you haven't I suggest you do so today.
                      You have 28 + 5 days from the 23/01/20. which by my calculations is tuesday at the latest & that is if I am correct.
                      It may be sooner.
                      Last edited by GBExile; 23rd February 2020, 19:19:PM.

Comment

No not yet

i'm doing it online so i can do it now today is the 31st day from the 23/01/20
                        I have edited the defence letter to suit my needs do i just enter that into Defence Particulars?

Comment

No not yet

i'm doing it online so i can do it now today is the 31st day from the 23/01/20
                          I have edited the defence letter to suit my needs do i just enter that into Defence Particulars?
                          The timescale runs from the date of the court letter.*

Comment

Defence is done

Comment

Hi everyone

Just looking for some more guidance on this.

I have completed the n180 questionnaire following the guide on this website.

What are the steps that now happen?
                              Lowell still havent provided details on owning the debt?
                              can I now discuss payment options?

Just wondering what I do/likely outcone

Cheers

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X