• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court - Lowell - Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting

Comment

off the phone! phew..

Kind of successful..

Judge awarded the CC and associated court fees etc that i have to pay

Both Shop Direct accounts not enough evidence (default notice)

They tried to get a fee for time taken but was refused.

Judge was really good the questions were hard at times and I didn't really know what to say

What happens now i take it 28 days to pay what i need to pay?
      But what happens with the Shop Direct now?

Comment

Originally posted by patters1978 View Post
        off the phone! phew..

Kind of successful..

Judge awarded the CC and associated court fees etc that i have to pay

Both Shop Direct accounts not enough evidence (default notice)

Judge was really good the questions were hard at times and I didn't really know what to say

What happens now i take it 28 days to pay what i need to pay?
        But what happens with the Shop Direct now?
        Not so daunting then.

It could have been worse. Hopefully you can pay up soon to avoid the CCJ going on your credit file.

Comment

Yay good result!! Well done to you!
          Sounds fair overall, they do seem to get away with lumping claims together.
          They would have to bring a totally new claim against you for the SD accounts and only after they’ve tracked down all the paperwork.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by GBExile View Post

Not so daunting then.

It could have been worse. Hopefully you can pay up soon to avoid the CCJ going on your credit file.
            Yes i should be able 2

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
              Yay good result!! Well done to you!
              Sounds fair overall, they do seem to get away with lumping claims together.
              They would have to bring a totally new claim against you for the SD accounts and only after they’ve tracked down all the paperwork.
              How likely will that be considering the only thing was the default notice? Can i do anything now regarding the 2 shop direct accounts with regards my credit file etc or do i just leave it?

Comment

How likely will that be considering the only thing was the default notice? Can i do anything now regarding the 2 shop direct accounts with regards my credit file etc or do i just leave it?
                Nothing you can do. They stay on your file for the standard 6 years from default & then just drop off.

Best let sleeping dogs be & all that.

Comment

they were trying to say that it was probable the defaults were served correctly with shop direct with the evidence they had provided, the judge didn't seem to like that and when he wanted me to comment on that statement, I so much wanted to say that its probable then that I have paid going by the evidence... but didn't and went on to say something like surely it can't be judged on probability? (judge didn't seem to like that and said most of his judgement are probability based) at which point I thought s%^t !!

Another question is regarding court fee's i have to pay them the judge has said but I was taken to court on 3 debts with lowell only winning on 1 of them debts? how is it i have to pay the full court cost?

Comment

Originally posted by GBExile View Post

Nothing you can do. They stay on your file for the standard 6 years from default & then just drop off.

Best let sleeping dogs be & all that.
                    Does the court hearing not restart that timer as i have acknowledged the amounts?

Comment

Does the court hearing not restart that timer as i have acknowledged the amounts?
                      Don't think so. Someone else can clarify that for you further but I think it is the default date &/OR the last payment date.

Comment

they were trying to say that it was probable the defaults were served correctly with shop direct with the evidence they had provided, the judge didn't seem to like that and when he wanted me to comment on that statement, I so much wanted to say that its probable then that I have paid going by the evidence... but didn't and went on to say something like surely it can't be judged on probability? (judge didn't seem to like that and said most of his judgement are probability based) at which point I thought s%^t !!

Another question is regarding court fee's i have to pay them the judge has said but I was taken to court on 3 debts with lowell only winning on 1 of them debts? how is it i have to pay the full court cost?
                        I wouldn't dwell on it. Just pay the judgement & move on. If not it will cost you another £300 including expenses to appeal.

Comment

One last thing with this thread?

Will I recieve a letter stating how much I have to pay and how? Unsure what I'm supposed to do now

Comment

Right so I have just recieved a letter from the court stating the total amount payable to lowell that needs to be paid/cleared before the 9th nov!

I'm just about to go to work so can't do anything about it today I also don't have a cheque book? Is a postal order the only other way? I have recieved nothing from lowell solicitors since court

Comment

Will me getting a postal order tomorrow and sending via special delivery cover me?

Comment

Will me getting a postal order tomorrow and sending via special delivery cover me?
                                Yes or you can do a bank transfer.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X