• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim Revieved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim Revieved

Hi

I am new here and need some advice please. I have received a court claim firm from Lowell solicitors regarding a debt owed to capital one. Can you tell me what documents I should request from them to prove that I actually owe this money? Also do I only fill in the Acknowledgment of service section on the court papers? Many thanks for your help.
    Tags: None

Acknowledge Claim == tick defend all do it on lime
    CCA Request send request with £1.00 postal order (for CCA1974 Purposes only on the Back) Recorded Delivery
    CPR 31.14 Request only for items mentioned in particulars of claim on court form anything else later stage in proceedings
    send recorded delivery no cost to the solicitors

Comment

Many thanks for that I have done this today and sent letters to both. Do I need to inform the court that I have done this? All help greatly appreciated

Comment

not at this stage see what happens now, keep us update any response or none as long as you acknowledged the claim on line and ticked defend all?

Comment

Yes I did that, have heard nothing yet...when do I let the court know what I have done just worried they will think I have done nothing?? Thanks for your help

Comment

Example Defence you can start this and submit within say 30 days of claim date, if no documents received state in defence that on xxx date requested CCA/CPR31 14 etc no response at this date, keep an eye on dates, send defence on line on around 28 th day

Amethyst

Comment

Hi I have received a letter from the solicitor as below, what do I need to do next please?
              Attached Files

Comment

standard response for the hopefuls, ====as #6 above

Comment

Thanks so much can I just check issue date from court is 4 Nov so we should I submit my defence?

Comment

say next Thursday just before 28 days not before saves letting them trash defence at last minute, but have defence read to send BUT make sure it is up to the minute correct, submit on line?

Comment

Ok will send on 4th December ..the only thing they have sent me is that letter and a plain piece of paper attached to it saying that the debt was sold by capital one to them on 24/06/2015 etc so do I let the court know this? Thanks

Comment

just mention on such a received xxxx as you state, but get date defence in Friday latest week Monday

Comment

Ok will send it this Friday, thanks

Comment

Hi, I have now received from the solicitor a copy of directions questionnaire that they have sent to court and a letter saying they have agreed to mediation...do I need to do anything and what should I expect next? Thanks for any help.

Comment

The court should sent you a direction to file and serve your directions questionnaire and possibly a form regarding mediation. If you haven't received anything by say 5th Jan give court a call and check if they've sent it out
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X