• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell vs Me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell vs Me

Hi

Have received a Claim form from Lowell and have today completed both the Acknowledgement of Service to defend all the claim and the CPR18 letter (sent recorded delivery to Lowell.

My question is, what next?

Thanks

*edit - just seen the getting started thread so here is the further info*

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 27th June 2018
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Yes (3/4/18)
    Total Amount Claimed: £923.76 (inc costs)
    Claimant’s Name: Lowell Portfolio I Ltd
    Solicitors Firm: Lowell solicitors Ltd
    Original Creditor: Littlewoods
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) :Catalogue

Particulars of Claim: Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers:
    1) The defendant opened a Very - Littlewoods direct regulated consumer credit account under reference ***** on 01/11/2013 ("The agreement")
    2) In breach of the agreement, the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the agreement was terminated
    3) The agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 4/12/2017 and written notice given to the defendant.
    4) Despite repeated requests for payment the sum of £759.79 remains due and outstanding. And the claimant claims
    A) the said sum of £759.79
    B) interest pursuant to s69 Count Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accuring at a daily rate of £0.167, but limited to one year, being £33.97
    C) Costs

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ) CPR18
    Any Other Information or Background Details: None
    Last edited by mike7510uk; 4th July 2018, 07:38:AM.
    Tags: None

First Steps read 1st this one, some you have done but other not:-

Check dates
    Acknowledge Claim
    CCA Request
    CPR 31.14 Request

Comment

Subject Access Request Letter
      Example Defence

Comment

what is the claim for also what does N1 court form state i.e. under agreement etc etc also CPR31.14 can only ask for stated documents on the claim form

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          what is the claim for also what does N1 court form state i.e. under agreement etc etc also CPR31.14 can only ask for stated documents on the claim form
          Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply.

The claim is for £900 (inc costs) so thought I had to use the CPR18 form?

For the under agreement bit, did you mean Particulars of claim section? (have added the details to the opening post)

Have checked the dates:
          Issue date - 27/06/2018
          I sent cpr18 on 3/7/2018

Will get on the defence now, do I wait for a response before sending it?
          Last edited by mike7510uk; 4th July 2018, 07:41:AM.

Comment

yes
            CPR 31.14 Request

to solicitors a
            also send CCA request with £ 1.00 to owners copy to solicitors for reference = Recorded Delivery

defence send the day before due with up to date info i.e. on such a date CPR18 sent - no response
            CCA1974 sent - no response
            CPR31.14 sent no response etc etc if that is the situation on that date - only request as stated POC

Comment

Do I need to do the CCA and or CPR31 when I have doeb the CPR18 already?
              if yes, does the CCA go to Lowell as these are listed as both solicitor and claimant?

Comment

CCA to lowells head office Ellington House, 9 Savannah Way, Leeds LS10 1AB

CPR31.14 to solicitor requesting as per POC listed P.O.Box, address

Comment

Received today a letter from Lowell Solicitors stating that they have issued legal proceedings which I will receive from Northampton C court. This letter is dated 2/7/2018.
                  My question is, can I now use this as part of defence given that they notified me after the claim was issued (27th June)?

Comment

you already have the court form, shows how slap happy that office is lol

keep that letter on file just in case sill beggars try to be funny, meantime defence get near ready to send off updated a day or two before latest due

Comment

have you sent the 2 request yet??

Comment

What did you ask for in the CPR 18 letter ? ( really you want CPR 31.14 as Part 18 is really only for fast track (ie over £10k ) and for asking questions rather than requesting copies of documents ) so I'd do the CPR 31.14 as well personally. And def do the CCA request as it's Littlewoods/ShopDirect. If they do come up with documents as the debt was only started in 2013 it is likely to be enforceable, so are there any issues with the account at all ? disputes etc?
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                          you already have the court form, shows how slap happy that office is lol

keep that letter on file just in case sill beggars try to be funny, meantime defence get near ready to send off updated a day or two before latest due
                          Yep exactly!Useless people lol

With dates etc, do I basically count 33 days from date of issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            What did you ask for in the CPR 18 letter ? ( really you want CPR 31.14 as Part 18 is really only for fast track (ie over £10k ) and for asking questions rather than requesting copies of documents ) so I'd do the CPR 31.14 as well personally. And def do the CCA request as it's Littlewoods/ShopDirect. If they do come up with documents as the debt was only started in 2013 it is likely to be enforceable, so are there any issues with the account at all ? disputes etc?
                            CPR18 (which I found on another site) contained this...

"Dear Sirs,

Re: (Lowell Portfolio I LTD) v (me) Case No: E******

CPR18 Preliminary Request for further information / clarification

On the 27th June 2018, I received the Claim Form in this case issued by you out of the Northampton County Court.

I confirm having returned my acknowledgement of service to the court in which I indicate my intention to contest your entire claim.

Please treat this letter as my Preliminary Request for further information made, under CPR Part 18 for the following, including any documentation mentioned within the particulars of Claim, for which I request the production of a verified and legible copy) please accept this request by way of Service upon You:

1.The agreement, including the specific Terms at the point the alleged Agreement was made and any subsequent changes. You will appreciate by reason of the provisions of CPR 39.a (3.3) requires The originals of the documents contained in the trial bundle, together with copies of any other court orders should be available at the trial. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.

2. The deed of assignment.
                            3. All notices of assignment.
                            4. The default warning letter.
                            5. The default notice.
                            5.1 Termination Notice.

6. I deny any indebtedness to the Claimant but particularly deny they are due statutory interest on the alleged amount of £793.76 and as such I request full disclosure of the amount the Claimant alleges to have paid for this alleged debt.

7. Also, I would request under Civil Procedure Rule 39 PD 39a (3.3) the originals of any documents upon which you, the claimant intends to rely, are brought to any subsequent hearing for examination

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 18 duties and ensure that the information I have requested is collated and received by me within 14 days of receiving this letter. Failure to produce the information requested will result in an Application to the Court to order the information be provided.

If you are unable to comply with this request and believe that you will never be able to comply with this request you must tell me in writing.

Please note that if you should fail to comply with this request, I will make an application to the court for an order that the proceedings be struck out or stayed for non-compliance and a summary costs order.

Yours faithfully

Date: 03/07/2018
                            "
                            I was led to believe that CPR18 was for claims under £10k -can send off the other CP doc no problem if still need to.

Comment

Yip Use this - Check dates
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X