• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    Still nothing been sent from anyone, so yesterday i filed the defence. whats next?

Comment

Originally posted by ardles View Post
      Hi
      Still nothing been sent from anyone, so yesterday i filed the defence. whats next?
      They have 28 days to respond to your Defence.
      You should get information from your requests.

Comment

Thank you. Really appreciate all your help.

Comment

I filed the defence on 12th March, and its now may and I still have not received anything from anyone, except the court saying they received the defence and will be sending to mortimer clarke. I have had no other correspondance, and the MCOL online only showing as defence filed and receieved from me. should I just wait?

Comment

Ring the Court for an update. Don't look for updates on MCOL, it's really not updated.

Comment

thank you, will do

Comment

thank you, will do
                Following this with interest. Any updates?

Comment

emailed the court and heard nothing, and still nothing from mortimer clarke, then i recieved a letter from cabot to say it had been returned to cabot financial and I dont need to do anything and no further action will be taken to collect the outstanding balance.

Comment

It sounds like the case has been stayed. It sounds like Cabot won't be 'pursuing' further collection activity.

It might be a idea to ring the Court for an update, to confirm the matter is 'stayed'.

Update the thread once you've rung the Court.

Comment

emailed the court and heard nothing, and still nothing from mortimer clarke, then i recieved a letter from cabot to say it had been returned to cabot financial and I dont need to do anything and no further action will be taken to collect the outstanding balance.
                      follow up the email prety much daily until they reply.

Comment

or actually better idea

call the court line when it opens (bang on 8:30 don't be a second late)
                        get through instantly
                        ask them if its stayed
                        have them send an email confirmation to say this so you have it in writing

done by 8:35

Comment

heard back from the court, the case has currently been stayed, and they said if there is further action on the case, I will be notified.

Comment

heard back from the court, the case has currently been stayed, and they said if there is further action on the case, I will be notified.
                            Well Done, so you don't need to do anything, unless Cabot decide to pick up the case again which is very unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Well Done, so you don't need to do anything, unless Cabot decide to pick up the case again which is very unlikely.
                              Thank you so much for all your help, it really was appreciated.

Comment

Thank you so much for all your help, it really was appreciated.
                                Update the thread, if anything ever develops.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X